AppDynamics Senior Sales Engineer, ASEAN
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why you'll love AppDynamics
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds.
Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
About the Role
As a Channel Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you will be tasked with providing outstanding pre-sales technical support to the sales team that supports our APAC Partners. Working directly with partners and customers you will be the subject matter authority on AppDynamics, as well as other cross-architecture Observability-related products. You can expect to do things like:
- Deliver enablement sessions to educate our partners on AppDynamics as they mature their Observability capabilities and its requisite components
- Present and demonstrate AppDynamics & Cisco solutions to new partners, and then guide them on their technical journey
- Provide technical and sales help by shadowing and mentoring partners during their AppDynamics sales cycle
- Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success
You will become their AppDynamics trusted advisor and build a long term relationship with our partners
To be a successful Channel Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you need to have experience in a sales engineer or partner/customer-facing role and be passionate about partner-driven technical sales. Ideally, you results-oriented, self-motivated, and have experience with application performance management technologies and concepts.
Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- A knack for tech. You actually want to learn about things like containers, and call-stacks, and cloud-native architectures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently
- A coachable mentality, with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional and as part of a team
- Competence working in OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts
- Understanding of the concept of Observability and why it is critical to today's technology-driven companies
- Knowledge of current technologies such as containerized environments and serverless functions
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL
- [Post-COVID] Travel up to 50% (mostly within ASEAN with the occasional long-haul)
The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we’re unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered application performance monitoring solution that provides visibility and insight into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make mission-critical and strategic decisions that drive the business forward in real-time. When AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco for $3.7B it was the day before we were planning on going public. This strategic acquisition was 2.4 times more than we were planning to exit at, which highlights how much Cisco values the AppD business. So, why did they invest so much in us? As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will serve a meaningful role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being a part of the Cisco family allows us to benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
AppDynamics as a part of Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.