AppDynamics Sales Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Networking, Software Development, Testing
Cisco AppDynamics is an Application Intelligence company that provides enterprises real-time insights into application, user, and business performance, so they can move faster in an increasingly digitally driven world. We were named a Leader in 2021 for Gartner’s Application Performance Monitoring Magic Quadrant for 9th time in a row due to our ability to enable our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
About the Role
As a Sales Engineer at Cisco AppDynamics, you will be responsible for providing technical advice and support to the sales team, working directly with customers as the subject matter expert on all things application performance management and full stack observability. You'll be delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain through our solution. During the sales cycle, you will actively lead proof of value engagements, demonstrating Cisco AppDynamics' ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer's production environment. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers' success.
To be a successful, you need to have experience in customer-facing roles and be passionate about technology. You are daring, self-motivated, and thrive in a fast-paced, creative, and revenue performing environment. Genuine curiosity, champion building, learning the science of the process of selling, Full Stack Observability, Application Performance Management (APM), Business Analytics, Machine Learning (ML), and Algorithmic Intelligence are second nature to you. Lastly, you have an appetite for collaboration, openness, and fun in an encouraging and continuously learning and dynamic environment. We see success if you are:
- A self-starting multi-tasker, able to categorize and prioritize the right tasks working with our internal ecosystem continuously growing knowledge.
- A trusted advisor to customers, applying best practice processes to consistently make prescriptive recommendations aligned to the goals, and, similarly, be the go-to person for active and prospective engagements.
- A consistent operator, known for accurate and timely information and assistance without compromising results.
- A collaborator that actively shares experiences, knowledge, and resources with peers in a dynamic team environment.
- An excellent communicator and listener, and a high EQ
- We would like these experiences:
- Knowledge in IaaS and PaaS offerings in one or more of the following cloud service providers: Azure, AWS, GCP.
- Conceptual knowledge of cloud native architecture.
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines and/or shell scripting including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts.
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today's application architectures
- Here are also some nice to haves:
- Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques.
- Experience in a pre-sales role, either full time or part-time, or experience with responding to RFI/P/Q/T, running proof of concepts or running demos.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Conceptual knowledge of OpenTelemetry and, more broadly, Observability.
Why Join Us?
Other than working with amazing and innovative technology fuelled with a curious culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities, we provide amazing employee benefits as well, like:
- Competitive compensation for work, along with participation in the Cisco Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- A generous time off policy with an extra day as our birthday gift. We also offer up to 4 weeks of emergency situation time off.
- Supporting volunteer activities by offering additional paid time off (up to 5 days a year) and match donations.
- Providing opportunities to broaden horizons by attending popular conferences, team outing events, subscriptions to popular training platforms and an exceptional catalogue of internal self-paced learning.
- Emphasis on an importance i a work/life balance; therefore, our leaders believe in flexible work from home, baby gifts, maternity & paternity support, employee and family assistance, along with expert medical resources.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. A blockchain company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box! But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break, and we give back as this is built into our DNA. We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward. We will also ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
So, you have colourful hair? Awesome! Tattoos? Show off your ink! Like polka dots? That’s cool! Be you, with us!
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.