AppDynamics Professional Services Senior Consultant, Sydney
Location:North Sydney, Australia
Area of InterestProfessional Services
AppDynamics, a Cisco company, is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
Our inclusive culture promotes a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment that helps drive our globalization strategy and has led to Cisco being ranked as one of the world’s best places to work.
About the Role
AppDynamics Senior Consultants are passionate technologists who love connecting and working with customers to help them address their key business problems using our best-in-class application performance monitoring platform. They deliver successful projects, provide constant guidance, and become trusted advisors so that our customers spend less time fixing issues and more time driving value, innovation and creativity to deliver outstanding digital experiences to their end-users.
Key responsibilities (What do you do?)
- In pre-sales settings you ask the right questions to determine customer business needs, and acquire technical and organizational information that enables you to confidently formulate a compelling technology solution
- Work with customer stakeholders and AppDynamics Subject Matter Experts as required to generate an actionable technical design which will inform the project scope and plan
- Develop strong relationships with key stakeholders within the customer teams as well as AppDynamics teams (sales, pre-sales, support, project management, etc.), adopting a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence
- Take ownership of the technical execution of projects and work hand-in-hand with the project team to monitor the progress of the project against its technical design
- Implement the technical design and assist with creating a project plan as needed
- Concisely convey and promote the business value of the combined product and services solution
- Enable customers to realize the most value from their AppDynamics investments
- Maintain expert level implementation proficiency and the ability to implement any AppDynamics product independently through ongoing training and enablement
- Keep abreast of dynamic technology landscapes with a particular focus on adjacent technologies like microservices, containerization, Cloud, software security, etc.
- Synthesize learning and trends observed in the field into repeatable technology best practices in collaboration with other AppDynamics functions
- Mentor other Professional Services team members on various technical topics to promote a shared culture of technology excellence at all levels
- Foster collaboration with our product, support, Customer Success and engineering teams and provide feedback from the field on features and functionality
Critical Experience (What experience do you need?)
- Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent technical experience
- 5+ years of relevant technical experience as a pre-sales or technical Consultant for an enterprise software company or consultancy firm
- Expert level understanding of the application performance management space with hands on experience with AppDynamics or competing products a bonus
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to clearly communicate to different audiences and deliver a message in a concise, professional manner)
- Ability to educate and influence customers on the value of our products and build trusted advisor relationships at all levels of the organization
- Adopts a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence
- Effectively facilitates workshops and meetings (design thinking experience a plus)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience (2+ years) in at least two of the following technical domains:
- SDLC practices including Agile, DevOps and CI/CD strategies
- IT Operations (NOC or similar)
- Virtualization and Containerization
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Application Performance Management
- Application Development
- Operating systems
- Servers and networks
- Java (J2EE)
- ITIL, TOGAF certifications a plus
- Solid command of the English language (written and spoken) with any additional language(s) a plus
- Ability to travel
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!