AppDynamics Professional Services Senior Consultant - Singapore
Area of InterestProfessional Services
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
You have the desire to intimately understand the customer business needs, you know the right questions to ask in a pre-sales setting to gain enough understanding of the landscape to formulate a compelling technology solution. You are able to passionately convey the value of the solutions you design, You will retain technology leadership throughout the project execution with the objective of ensuring the vision is fully realized.
You will exemplify these traits
- Curious – Have desire to truly and intimately understand our customer's business problems
- Creative – In finding a sustainable path to yes
- Partnership – To both the customer and to our colleagues outside of services organization
- In a pre-sales setting, you will ask the right questions to get to the core customer business needs and to acquire enough technical and organizational information to be able to confidently formulate a compelling technology solution.
- You will work with the client and other AppDynamics Subject Matter Experts as required to generate an actionable technical design which will inform the project plan.
- Develops meaningful relationships with key stakeholders within the customer team’s executive leadership as well as AppDynamic’s teams (sales, pre-sales, project management, consulting, etc).
- You will be responsible to scope a project, including providing effort estimates, risk assessments, content for the technical portions of services proposals and Statements of Work.
- You will retain technology leadership throughout the project execution with the objective of ensuring the vision is fully realized and you will work hand-in-hand with the project manager to monitor the progress of the project against its technical design.
- You can concisely convey and evangelize the business value of the combined product and services solution.
- In order to be able to effectively express technology authority in a project setting, you will need to maintain implementation level proficiency and the ability to implement any AppDynamics product independently.
- Synthesizes learning and trends observed in the field into repeatable technology best practices in collaboration with other AppDynamics functions.
- Mentor other service’s team members on various technology aspects to promote a culture of technology excellence at all levels.
- Foster collaboration with our product, support and engineering teams and provide feedback from the field on features and functionality
- Masters in Computer Science, or similar technical field
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience, or 5+ years on AppDynamics products
- Previous experience as technical or pre-sales Consultant for an enterprise software company or for a recognized consultancy firm
- Expert level understanding of the application performance management space with hands on experience on AppDynamics or competing product
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels and gain a ‘Trusted Advisor’ status with key stakeholders
- Adopts a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence
- Effectively facilitates workshops and meetings (design thinking experience is a plus)
- Expert, hand-on level experience (2+ years) in at least three of the following technical domains
- SDLC practices including Agile practices, DevOps and CI/CD strategies
- IT Operations (NOC or similar)
- Performance Engineering/Testing
- Virtualization and/or Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Application Performance Management
- Application Development
- Enterprise Operating Systems
- Database Technologies
- Enterprise Servers and Network Technologies
- Java ( to include J2EE) Stack Technology Proficiency and Awareness
- .Net Technology Proficiency and Awareness
- ITIL, TOGAF certifications a plus
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken) with each additional language a plus
- Ability to travel