AppDynamics Principal Consultant
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
Provides technical leadership within services engagements, translating solution architecture into a technical implementation plan working closely with the AppDynamics technical team, PM and Customer team to ensure the technical components of the engagement are delivered to meet customer’s business needs. Works closely with R&D and AD Customer Support to provide product and implementation feedback and to drive rapid resolution for engagement specific product and support issues. Mentors junior team members
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
- Fluent English skill
- 5+ years technical IT experience that includes the following:
- Java or .NET language readability and understanding
- Deployment and configuration of complex enterprise software
- IT Operations and Application Support
- Ability to work in Operating Systems (Linux/Windows)
- Experience of working in J2EE/LAMP/Microsoft stack
- Any direct experience with AppDynamics (or other APM solutions) a big plus
- Any direct experience in working with AIOPS tool (e.g. Splunk, DataDog, Science Logic
- Must understand the interrelationships between the various infrastructure layers O/S, Disk. Network, NAS, SAN
- Working with a wide variety of platforms and application stacks. Ability to understand new application frameworks in customer environments quickly
- Consulting or Professional Services experience.
- Provide technical mentorship/guidance to the team members.
- Communicate with the customers/stakeholders to gather requirements and propose relevant technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited University. Master’s degree preferred OR commensurate work experience
- Passion for technology
- Desire to work on cutting edge technology and ability to absorb a wide variety of technologies
- Programming experience
- Customer-focused mindset
Success Behaviors (What does Success look like?)
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proven written communication and documentation skills
- Quick learner - Builds skills in technical areas which support the deployment and integration of AD based solutions, including Advanced OS, DB, Storage; Virtual etc.
- Seen as a trusted advisor by the customer. Uses best practices to consistently make prescriptive recommendations within the scope of the customer's business goals and is the trusted advisor / go-to person for the engagement when customers question what to do or how to perform technical tasks within project scope
- Consistently achieves utilization targets and balances with development plans to ensure skills are updated and in demand
- Seeks to identify and mitigate risks before issues arise
- Ambassador for AD solutions with customers and peers and communicates with confidence and accuracy
- Candidate should be open to up to 50% travel
We are Cisco
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!