AppDynamics Partner Marketing Strategist - India
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Partner Marketing Strategist - India
Marketing | Bangalore
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, IT professionals can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of their entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. AppDynamics lets customers align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps them protect their bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
AppDynamics R&D Center in Bangalore was founded in 2015 with a focus on core product and engineering areas. The Bangalore center works closely with the San Francisco team and imbibes the culture that AppDynamics has become known for. Over the next few years, the Bangalore R&D Center will continue to evolve as a center of excellence for core product & engineering innovation at AppDynamics.
About the Role
AppDynamics is looking for a channel/partner marketing leader to help support our growing business needs building scalable marketing programs and assets for/with our partners.
- Develop powerful messaging with our outsourcing/embed partners that integrates our story into their offering
- Initiate and complete net new “to” and “through” partner content, including pitch decks, case studies, sales sheets, videos, eBooks and more
- Build out a scalable channel program strategy to enable partners through various marketing formats (digital/events/webinars)
- Maintain an ongoing dialog with the channel sales team, keeping track of partner proposition adoption and performance
- Create and maintain partner content and lookout for the overall digital journey from our website, partner portal(s) and partner websites/microsites that highlight AppDynamics within their offerings
- Work closely with our partner marketing teams and practice leads to develop or embed AppD into offerings and help build the needed content to drive adoption (e.g., Cloud Migration, AIOps, DevOps, Digital Transformation, etc)
- Ability to tell the whole solution story to and with our partners including other ISV or consulting services they offer.
- Help design and execute local events/activities to drive awareness, education and foster champion building within our local partners
- Be a critical partner providing marketing guidance and direction to the AppDynamics Channel Account Managers
- Support the revenue and pipeline goals aligned for the channel organization
- Manage SDF budgets for Titans and Pioneer partners as well as regional budget
- Monitor and report ROI and progress on all Channel marketing programs
Experience that will help you succeed in this role:
- BA/BS degree in English, Journalism, or Digital Media or equivalent working experience (e.g. Advertising)
- Past experience producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge (blog, SlideShare, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
- Can think on multiple levels: you are highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-centric, look how to scale, and use data to make decisions.
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in technology b2b marketing
- 3+ years of partner marketing experience in relevant enterprise IT software with at ideally at least one stint at a recognized Value Add Reseller (VAR), Global Outsourcer Systems Integrator (GOSI), Managed Service Provider (MSP) or Global Service Provider (GSP), or at an agency servicing these groups as clients
- 3+ years of product, solution marketing or PR with strong messaging and writing skills
- Familiar with partner GTM planning, services components, and licensing models
- Experience managing events
- Experience with driving communications, enablement, content strategies to a sales oriented audience
- Experience with other demand generation programs beyond events to/with partners (e.g., webinars, emails, asset/content whitelabeling)
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates versatility, creative thinking and results
- Solid understanding of the marketing mix - such as digital, demand generation, and messaging matrixes
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite is a huge plus (particularly Photoshop and InDesign).
- Comfortable with 25% travel
- Experience managing a budget and the process (e.g., invoices, approvals, legal) that goes with it