AppDynamics .Net Agent Software Engineer II - Krakow
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You'll Do
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the function of proactively monitor, lead, and optimize the most complex software environments.
Software Engineers on the .NET Support Engineering team are responsible for diagnosing and solving complex issues, as well as supporting clients by providing exceptional technical support, estimating both AppDynamics and customer code.
In this role you will build multi-tiered applications using various .NET Full/Core frameworks, asynchronous programming patterns, and cloud components. You’ll be working in customer environment as well as Cloud environments such as AWS and Azure.
- Assist clients instrument, control, and debug their large multi-tiered compound applications.
- Write applications using dotNET; learn new stacks and technologies and apply our instrumentation to these applications.
- Replicate customer environments and work to identify & fix the root cause or provide interim workaround as needed.
- Build internal and customer-facing Tools and extensions.
- Identify product bugs and improvements based on customer environments and work to close them.
Who You'll Work With
You will become a part of a standout technical team that cares about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and successfully improve their return on investment.
We collaborate with the software engineering and Ops infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
- 5+ years of software development experience in .NET with extensive debugging and troubleshooting.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience is configuring IIS, Docker, AWS, Azure, and Windows networks.
- Experience with object-oriented and asynchronous programming patterns
- Understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks
- Real-world experience coding/deploying/troubleshooting .NET Core hosted in Docker Linux containers, Windows, and Cloud environments.
- Knowledge of Web protocols, formats, and server environments
- Exceptional attention to detail, specification, and ability to solve/fix complex problems in customer environments.
- Shown customer-facing professionalism with great communication skills; Talent to tailor communication for the audience. You will support very technical, as well as some non-technical customers.
- Ability to analyse thread and memory dumps is a useful benefit.
- Prior experience working with or supporting any APM product is not key but desirable.
- Strong experience scripting in Powershell and Python is a benefit.
- Site Reliability and/or DevOps Engineering experience is not essential but would be useful.
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into application and business performance and user behavior, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.