AppDynamics/ FSO India Sales Leader
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Internet of Everything
AppDynamics/ FSO India Sales Leader
Why you'll love AppDynamics
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you'll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver magnificent customer experiences at scale. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
What You'll Do: Role & Responsibilities
We are seeking a India Sales Leader to drive our winning culture and oversee daily operations of the organization in India. The leader will ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to acquire new business and maintain key Revenue, NRR & GRR metrics to create a long term & sustainable business.
Lead the India team of Field Sales Reps driving New Logos and Expansion opportunities while reducing Attrition of Renewals *
- Provide clear measures of success for the organization beyond short-term bookings achievement *
- Leads cross-functional initiatives and represents the Sales team in collaboration with other teams within the organization
- Leads industry and customer trends to drive product positioning and direction *
- Develops, iterates, and maintains WW standard methodologies for value and technical deal pursuit * Thought leadership in observability* Work with the Cisco portfolio sellers
We hire only the best - those who strive to think bigger and take bold steps for continued success. As India Sales Leader, you will be a world-class coach and mentor and have passion for building and developing teams of top sales talent. Your focus will be to recruit top talent, while overseeing the build-out of repeatable programs to develop and retain our people, while also clearing paths for revenue at scale. You will have the added responsibility of influencing cross-functionally at the highest levels within Cisco and AppDynamics. To be successful, you will need to strategically lead within sales ops, sales engineering, sales enablement, channels, marketing, product management, and professional services within AppD and Cisco to ensure deliverables are met on time, and above plan.
- 3-5 years minimum direct people management experience *
- 2-4 years minimum experience working or selling in the APM space *
- Substantive experience in corporate software sales and leading sales organizations that achieve stretch sales goals* Strong experience in recruiting, developing and leading high-performing sales teams *
- You will need to be a strong leader who is capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond his/her functional expertise * Experience and efficiency in presenting to an executive level audience *
- Cloud and Big Data technology knowledge and experience *
- Experience leading in a complex, high growth environment *
- Possess the intellect and executive presence to become a true business partner across functions *
- Excellence in execution at a regional level across recruiting, retention and revenue *
- Multiple examples of implementing widespread changes to improve organizational execution *
- Proven collaboration with key partners outside Sales through cross-functional initiatives
A-player with strong work ethic that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and with cross-functional internal teams.
- Collaborator but with the ability to work independently *
- Excellent attention to detail *
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills *
- Strong written and verbal communicator with an excellent ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner *
- Ability to manage and respond to requests quickly, and juggle multiple deals and initiatives at one time *
- Comfortable with and excited about our technology, and technology in general *
- Grace under pressure
The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we're unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered application performance monitoring solution that provides visibility and insight into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make mission critical and strategic decisions that drive business forward in real-time.
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire, full-time salaries in U.S. locations, not including equity or benefits. For non-sales roles the hiring ranges reflect base salary only; employees are also eligible to receive annual bonuses. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive compensation target. Individual pay is determined by the candidate's hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications, or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.
U.S. employees have access to quality medical, dental and vision insurance, a 401(k) plan with a Cisco matching contribution, short and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance and numerous wellbeing offerings. Employees receive up to twelve paid holidays per calendar year, which includes one floating holiday, plus a day off for their birthday. Employees accrue up to 20 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) each year and have access to paid time away to deal with critical or emergency issues without tapping into their PTO. We offer additional paid time to volunteer and give back to the community. Employees are also able to purchase company stock through our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
Employees on sales plans earn performance-based incentive pay on top of their base salary, which is split between quota and non-quota components. For quota-based incentive pay, Cisco pays at the standard rate of 1% of incentive target for each 1% revenue attainment against the quota up to 100%. Once performance exceeds 100% quota attainment, incentive rates may increase up to five times the standard rate with no cap on incentive compensation. For non-quota-based sales performance elements such as strategic sales objectives, Cisco may pay up to 125% of target. Cisco sales plans do not have a minimum threshold of performance for sales incentive compensation to be paid.