AppDynamics Customer Success Manager
Location:Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Alternate LocationChina, South East Asia, Singapore
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Networking
Technical Account Manager/Customer Success
Customer & Revenue Organization | APAC
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our outstanding AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver detailed customer experiences at scale.
About the role:
As a Technical Account Manager with the Customer Success team, you will be responsible for the strategic account management and technical leadership of a portfolio of AppDynamics’ most strategic customers in the APAC region. Working directly with customers, you will be the domain expert on Application Performance Management (APM) as a practice and AppDynamics.
You will be responsible for delivering value by driving adoption of our platform across the client’s enterprise. In addition, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
In collaboration with the rest of our go-to-market and technology organization and an eye towards scale, you will play a pivotal role in defining a holistic customer journey which driving outstanding customer retention rates. Your performance will be directly measured against license consumption, net recurring revenue, and overall usage of AppDynamics. Day-to-day responsibilities will include a mixture of technical consultation, troubleshooting, and relationship management. Think of yourself as the customer’s ‘Chief Adoption Officer.’
- Actively drive value realization of AppDynamics within our most strategic and sophisticated customer environments; Increase operational use of AppDynamics across the enterprise through in-depth adoption assessments
- Establish a trusted advisor relationship which spans both technical expertise and strategic account management. Focus on driving new relationships, opening doors to new uses cases / champions / applications teams.
- Advocate and guide AppDynamics standard methodologies; Identify training gaps and opportunities for expansion and improvement
- Drive a strong evangelization program; identify and cultivate internal AppD “champions”
- With each customer, develop a Joint Success Plan (JSP) to guide conversations and supervise daily activities required for our customers achieve specific, strategic business outcomes.
- Help each customer navigate AppDynamics including our Product, Support, Sales & Renewals teams.
- Become a “super user” of our software, with the ability to demo our product to customers, and lead customers through in-depth conversations about product features and use cases.
- Provide scheduled and as-needed operational reviews with the customer.
- Supervise product adoption and success – demonstrate account health through KPIs tied to business outcomes. Play an active role in building a truly data-driven organization.
- Play an active role in building our customer success playbook / and JSP delivery methodology.
- 5+ years work experience in a technical, business-facing role, including, but not limited to: pre/post-sales consulting, professional services, technical account management, customer support and engineering, etc.
- Solid grasp of Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components and/or experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components
- Substantial experience deploying and/or supporting enterprise software solutions, working with either Java or .NET
- Must have experience and working knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows command operating systems, including shell scripting
- Good communication and presentation skills; the ability to work with a variety of partners and describe sophisticated technology in simple terms.
- Experience with issue management and working with Sales, Support, Product Management and Engineering
- Understanding of the business goals that our customers are trying to achieve: reducing number of incidents, incident duration, and driving increase in customer experience and perception.
- Experience and high comfort level building and encouraging relationships with business and technical partners at all levels. Strong presentation and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with multiple clients concurrently and willing to travel as the job requires, up to 50%.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Gainsight a plus.
- Experience/understanding of Application Performance Management (APM)
- Experience with AppDynamics directly
- Working knowledge of SAN and virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure and/or other cloud technologies
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts
- Ability to fix basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures and an ability to understand SQL.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience. Computer Science degree desired.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!