AppDynamics Customer Success Engineer
Alternate LocationPerth, Western Australia; Bangalore, India, Asia
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Networking
Customer Success Engineer
Customer Experience Organization | APAC
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver detailed customer experiences at scale.
About the Role
As a Customer Success Engineer, you will be at the forefront of the new Customer Success movement, helping customers improve the value they receive from AppDynamics. We’re looking for this individual to help scale the Customer Success organization to support a fast growing customer base. This requires driving improvements and efficiencies with existing Customer Success offerings, as well as creating new offerings optimized for greater scale.
Working directly with our most strategic accounts, you will be the subject matter expert on Application Performance Management (APM) as a practice and AppDynamics. You will be responsible for delivering value by driving adoption of our App iQ platform across the client’s enterprise. Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success. You will be required to travel up to 60%.
- Contribute to continuous improvements of Customer Success offerings and collateral, that allow us to deliver value and increase adoption for customers at greater scale
- Use a data driven approach to automate the process of identifying customers most in need, and work with a Customer Success Specialist to build a plan to improve adoption and customer health
- Actively drive value realization of AppDynamics within our most strategic and complex customer environments
- Increase operational use of AppDynamics across the enterprise through in-depth adoption assessments
- Advocate and teach AppDynamics standard methodologies, and drive evangelization of AppDynamics within customer organizations
- Identify training gaps and opportunities for expansion and enhancement
- Identify and nurture AppD “champions” within customer organizations
- 8+ years in a customer-facing consulting, post-sales, or pre-sales role
- 5+ years experience working with enterprise software solutions, using either Java or .NET
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; the ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders and describe complex technology in simple terms; comfortable making pitches to executive-level stakeholders.
- Deep understanding of how to drive adoption of a product within an organization, and consistent track record of doing so
- Experience with escalation management and working with Sales, Support, Product Management and Engineering
- Solid understanding of Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as Servlets, Struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc. and/or experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as ASP.NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc
- Must have experience and working knowledge of Unix, Linux, and Windows command operating systems, including shell scripting
- Passionate about software development
- Ability to work with multiple clients concurrently
- Experience/understanding of Application Performance Management (APM)
- Experience working with AppDynamics
- Working knowledge of storage area networks and virtualization technologies
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure and/or other cloud technologies
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts
- Ability to solve basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures and an ability to understand SQL.
- Computer Science Bachelor’s degree or higher
We know that the award winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics aligns with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!