AppDynamics Corporate Counsel
Location:London, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestLegal
Full-time, In-House Counsel Position: Corporate Counsel, London
AppDynamics, the leading application intelligence solution for today’s software-defined businesses, is looking for a highly qualified Corporate Counsel with experience in technology contracts to join our legal team.
In this position, you will report to the company’s Deputy General Counsel. You will work closely with the Deal Strategy and Operations Team, Sales and other teams to provide pragmatic and business-minded legal support. This will primarily involve advising on and negotiation of sales contracts, reseller agreements, amendment agreements and related legal advice, reviewing and drafting legal language for orders and advising on privacy issues. You will also play a meaningful role in working on strategic initiatives for the legal team to help us to improve our processes and operations as we continue to grow and evolve our business.
Our software monitors the applications, servers, databases and technology of companies to help troubleshoot and optimize performance. We license our software as both on-premises and software-as-a-service to customers in EMEA and internationally. This position is based out of our London office.
- English or European jurisdiction qualified with at least three years of relevant post-qualification experience in private practice and/or in-house
- Substantial experience negotiating software licence, resale and referral agreements and vendor/supplier contracts under English law
- A good understanding of GDPR
- Any non-English law and jurisdiction experience is not required but would be a bonus
Required Skills and Characteristics:
- Strong contract negotiation and drafting skills, with the ability to negotiate large complex customer agreements
- Collaborative “A-player” with a strong work ethic who is comfortable working in a fast-moving cross-functional environment
- Ability to work with teammates and independently attempt to find answers before asking questions
- Focused attention to detail when fast turnaround is required
- Ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner both in writing and verbally
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills
- Good critical thinking and business judgement balancing legal risk and business needs
- Client-centric approach to handling complex legal issues, while demonstrating patience and a positive approach under all circumstances
- Familiarity with Google Docs, Gmail, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Pro, DocuSign and Salesforce, but we will train a person who has experience with similar tools or a willingness to learn