AppDynamics Controller/SaaS Software Engineer IV - Krakow
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
What You’ll Do
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the function of proactively monitor, lead, and optimize the most complex software environments.
Software Engineers in Support Engineering in controller/SaaS Group are responsible for diagnosing and solving complex issues in our large-scale multi-tiered SaaS solution and the customer’s on-prem installations, understanding how to assist the customer observe, diagnose, and optimize their controllers and their own applications.
- Provide advanced technical support and work with customers to tackle complex issues with the AppDynamics’ product in their environment, passionating about the on-premises High Availability Solution and the AppDynamics SaaS environment.
- Product bug fix and feature development around customer-related improvements/issues.
- Seek MySQL database crashes and execute data recovery on corrupted MySQL databases.
- Debug the flow of multitiered complex applications utilizing the following technology stacks: Java, .NET, and Dynamic Languages.
- Provide System, OS, JVM, and application-level performance tuning guidelines.
- Provide performance and scaling guidelines to customers, partners, and AppDynamics employees for the High Availability solution.
- Provide Technical Action plans to take a customer issue from start to resolution.
- Lead Technical teams including AppDynamics Support, AppDynamics Operations, Customer, and/or Partner to collectively resolve complex multi-faceted problems.
- Collate common failures and feedback into AppDynamics Product Engineering to continue to raise the bar of quality.
- Author and review technical knowledge base articles to help disseminate technical knowledge, standard methodologies, and observations to AppDynamics employees, Customers, and Partners.
- Provide ad-hoc training on technical SME (Subject Matter Expert) areas to other team members and peer teams (Sales, Professional Services, Customer Success).
- Provide a 24x7 “Urgent Issue” response and resolution service as a component of a rostered follow the sun model.
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of a standout technical team that care about helping and contributing our clients to operate our software and successfully improve their return on investment. We collaborate with the software engineering and Ops infrastructure teams of the largest companies in the world, and we are considered as a vital partner and extension to their internal teams.
Who You Are
- 10+ years of commercial development experience, specialist in System Design, Scalable Architecture, and Complex Open Systems. Fully understand the interaction and performance ramifications of choices of implementation patterns.
- Validated experience working with APM tools and tuning of application performance.
- Must be experienced with commercial and open-source operating systems, with more than 10 years in Linux System Engineering, LVM, and filesystem performance configuration.
- Strong system-level experience of containerization (Docker, Amazon ECS, Google Kubernetes Engine/Kubernetes) and Virtual Machine Hypervisors.
- In-depth MySQL knowledge and the capability to execute DB recoveries on corrupted MySQL DB data.
- Excellent system recovery skills and knowledge of change control and disaster recovery processes.
- Experience as technical lead, providing the direction and focus for complex investigations.
- Excellent debugging skills with SSL communications in a client/server environment.
- Must have experience working and debug SAML, SSO, and LDAP environments.
- Related BA/BS or advanced degree preferred.
Why AppDynamics (Cisco)
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, our customers have real-time insights into application and business performance and user behavior, so they can move faster in an increasingly complex, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale and in production which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.