AppDynamics Content Marketing Manager, Demand Gen
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Additional Location(s)San Francisco, California
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance, and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App IQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
Who You'll Work With
AppDynamics is hiring a Content Marketing Manager, Demand, with a strong background in storytelling, copywriting, and research, as well as a solid grasp of B2B marketing best practices.
In this role, you’ll report to the Content Marketing Lead, and work collaboratively with other channel leads to conceptualize and execute everything from webinar content and program development and SEO blog posts to conversion copywriting and editing.
What You'll Do
This role is likely a good fit for you if you’re both strategic and tactical, and have a bias for action. You must be as comfortable coming up with story ideas as you are rolling up your sleeves and turning them into copy, webinars, landing pages, decks, blog posts, social posts, reports, case studies, videos, and more. Bonus points if you have experience writing content optimized for search and can point to a consistent record of gains in this area.
Ideate, plan, and write high-value content that maps to strategic initiatives
- Own strategy and execution for the webinar program
- Collaborate with stakeholders to write website copy that drives conversions
- Interview subject matter experts and report on trends in the APM space
- Create and manage the content marketing calendar
- Support the distribution of content across social media and other channels
Who You Are
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as a writer in a marketing capacity, preferably for a software company
- A portfolio of previous content marketing and copywriting work (bylined links are fine)
- Strong program and project management skills with attention to detail
- Working knowledge of inbound and growth marketing tactics
- Strong interpersonal and time management skills
- A curious attitude
- Experience working with marketing tools like Drift and webinar platforms like ON24
- Strong understanding of demand generation tactics
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- Annual professional development fund to build your skills in product, leadership and technical topics
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Paid time away for new parents (13 weeks)
- The mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
- Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify