AppD VP Sales Engineering EMEAR
Location:London, United Kingdom
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Why you’ll love AppDynamics:
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
What You'll Do:
AppDynamics, the next generation application intelligence solution for today’s software-defined businesses, is looking for a Senior Leader to lead our EMEAR Sales Engineering Team. The role will define, measure, refine, and drive a value centric pre-sales strategy in EMEAR to create alignment between the business justification and technical capability of the AppDynamics solution when selling direct and through our channel partners. You will be constantly looking for ways to expand on our success. Establish teams that can execute today and grow to meet our future needs. Define and maintain a high bar for expectations and support the team in achieving it. Challenge the team and yourself to continually grow. Drive your team’s needs with the Product teams in headquarters and use your internal network and the SE leadership team to demonstrate standard methodologies from around the world.
- Provides clear measures of success for the organization beyond short-term bookings achievement
- Leads cross-functional initiatives and represents the Sales team in collaboration with other teams within the organization
- Leads industry and customer trends to drive product positioning and direction
- Develops, iterates, and maintains WW standard methodologies for value and technical deal pursuit
- 5-7 years minimum direct people management experience
- 3-5 years minimum experience working or selling in the APM space
- Strong experience in recruiting, developing and leading high-performing technical teams
- You will need to be a strong leader who is capable of contributing to broader business conversations beyond his/her functional expertise
- Ability to demonstrate technology skills and business experience to deliver Enterprise business and financial models and architectures for the customer
- Experience and efficiency in presenting to an executive level audience
- Technical understanding of common Application performance management technologies and techniques
- Cloud and Big Data technology knowledge and experience
- Experience leading in a complex, high growth environment
- Possess the intellect and executive presence to become a true business partner across functions
- Recognized as a top performer throughout the industry, seen as a strategic business leader in technology
- A strong foundation in application architecture, operations, Agile DevOps, Cloud, Container, Operations Monitoring, Service Management, and SDLC concepts and methodologies
- Excellence in execution at a regional level across recruiting, retention and revenue
- Multiple examples of implementing widespread changes to improve organizational execution
- Proven collaboration with key partners outside Sales through cross-functional initiatives
- “A-player” with strong work ethic that is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and with cross-functional internal teams
- Collaborator but with the ability to work independently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Clear communicator with a good ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and simple manner in both writing and orally
- Ability to manage and respond to requests quickly, and juggle multiple deals at one time
- Comfortable with and excited about our technology, and technology in general
- Excellent business judgment and experience balancing legal risk and business needs
- Grace under pressure
The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we’re unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered application performance monitoring solution that provides visibility and insight into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make mission critical and strategic decisions that drive business forward in real-time. When AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco for $3.7B it was the day before we were planning on going public. This strategic acquisition was 2.4 times more than we were planning to exit at, which highlights how much Cisco values the AppD business. So, why did they invest so much in us? As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will serve a critical role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being a part of the Cisco family allows us to benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
AppDynamics as a part of Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.