AppD Technical Program Manager
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, IT professionals can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of their entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. AppDynamics lets customers align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps them protect their bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Role:
AppDynamics is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us scale up as our company continues to grow. TPMs are focused on enabling and empowering engineering teams to deliver the AppDynamics product portfolio to our customers.
- Work closely with teams comprised of engineers, product managers, and designers, Customer Support, Legal, SaaS Ops and play a meaningful role in the planning of programs to ensure the timely delivery of quality products.
- Bring to bear technical & program management skills to build plans, identify dependencies and risks, help teams remove impediments, and ensure smooth releases.
- Actively help cross functional teams decompose complex projects into manageable parts and devise delivery plans. Track progress against plans and facilitate trade-off discussions on scope, schedule, and resources.
- Serve as the Product organization’s connective tissue for end-to-end product planning and development process.
- Maintain metrics that provide transparency to stakeholders on program-level plans, progress and quality.
- Use servant leadership techniques to influence, negotiate, and encourage others in a matrixed environment
You have proven experience as a technical program manager, passionate about the opportunity to be part of an all-star team that is integral to product planning and development. You will bring to bear your passion for driving large, technical programs from end to end. You would be inspired in bringing cross-functional teams together to accomplish program objectives. You thrive in a hands-on environment and seek ownership of large, critical projects. We’re looking for people who enjoy crafting solutions to tackle problems rather than focusing on completing tasks as fast as possible.
- 7+ years of applicable product delivery experience in a scaled agile environment, preferably for a large company responsible for running enterprise-level programs with cross-functional teams.
- Proven proficiency in working with product, UX, operations, and engineering teams to design, scope, and shepherd features from inception to deployment.
- Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as authoritative knowledge of modern program management methodologies.
- Experience with agile methodologies particularly Scrum, Scrum at Scale, and Large Scale Scrum.
- Experience with program/portfolio management toolsets (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience with CI/CD standard methodologies and platforms (Bamboo/Jenkins/TeamCity) is a plus.
- Recognizes the importance of continuous improvement and finds opportunities to streamline and optimize current practices in order to shorten delivery schedules, improve quality, and increase efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related technical field.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.