AppD Team Lead Customer Success - US East & Federal Region
Location:Offsite, District Of Columbia, US
Area of InterestCustomer Experience
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the role
As a Regional Customer Success Team Lead, you will lead a team performing strategic account management of a portfolio of AppDynamics’ customers in your assigned sub-region. You will report to a Regional Director Customer Success and will be assigned a specific sub-region based on the quantity and coverage of customers in the region. As part of the CX organization, the purpose of Customer Success is to increase software value realization and adoption in accounts. We have a scientific process that ties success criteria directly to the value that a customer derives from their investment in AppDynamics and a scalable process for improving on that success criteria.
A team of approximately 10-20 CSMs and CSSs will be assigned to your sub-region based on ratios of accounts and customer coverage needs. You will partner with your Director to serve as a leader, mentor and escalation point for your team and customers in your region with the goal of achieving target Health Scores and Net Renewal Retention Rates for your sub-region’s portfolio. The Customer Success team mirrors the sales team structure and you will be accountable to build strong relationships with sales, product, marketing, training, services, support and other CS regions to benefit your team and your customers. Additionally, you will forge relationships directly with customers as necessary to positively influence the overall performance of the region. The complexity of our customers’ environments and use cases continues to increase, and you bring the knowledge and expertise to engage internal and external parties in order to retain existing customer revenue and realize expansion opportunities.
The Team Lead will run the entire book of business in the sub-region using data, as well as train and inspire a fast growing team to follow a scientific process to prove results and return on investment for our customers. You will play a pivotal role in defining a holistic customer journey while driving exceptional customer retention rates. Your performance will be directly measured against your team’s aggregate customer Health Scores including license consumption, net recurring revenue, and overall usage of AppDynamics.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include a mixture of team direction and leadership, strategic relationship management, data analytics and reporting, customer success acumen, and technical expertise. You will be accountable to foster growth of your team as subject matter experts regarding product features and customer use cases, in addition to strengthening relationships with key stakeholders and identifying expansion opportunities for the sub-region.
- Build a high performing sub-regional CS team; attract top talent which reflects our core values and emphasizes a diverse range of candidate backgrounds and experiences.
- Lead a team that establishes a trusted advisor relationship with customers which spans both technical expertise and strategic account management.
- Identify and nurture internal champions for advocacy and retention or expansion opportunities for our business.
- Play an active role in building our customer success playbook / and JSP delivery methodology.
- Provide feedback and input to product development and CX leadership.
- Guide, implement and track the CX process for your sub-region, collaborating with your Director and other regional leads to build global best-practices for CS delivery driving consistency within and across regions.
- Own effectiveness of team’s relationship with our customers; performance measured against regional aggregate Customer Health scores including product adoption and net recurring revenue metrics.
- Ensure we have defined a Joint Success Plan (JSP) for all sub-regional customers to guide conversations and track daily activities required for our customers achieve specific, strategic business outcomes.
- Track regional product adoption and success – demonstrate account health through KPIs tied to business outcomes. Continue to refine value-based metrics which allow for a fast and predictable snapshot of account health.
- Holds a bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1-3 years experience leading growth-oriented professional services, consulting, customer success/retention, support, or similar customer-focused delivery organizations in the B2B SaaS industry.
- Expertise servicing large, complex enterprise customers across a variety of verticals with a SaaS subscription pricing model. You model consultative, proactive support to customers and delivering tangible, high-value outcomes.
- General management capability; demonstrated experience leading and scaling post-sales teams, ideally remotely distributed teams of 10+.
- Advanced problem-solving, interpersonal, and leadership skills are a must.
- Comfort working closely and building relationships with C-Level executives.
- Experience working with ROI, cost modeling and other quantitative techniques to educate and assist customers and provide status updates to internal leadership.
- Analytical by nature, you value data-driven decisions and transparency.
- Intrinsically motivated by helping others succeed – team members and customers.
- Highly entrepreneurial, not phased by change or ambiguity.
- Able and willing to travel as the job requires, up to 50%.
- Familiarity with Salesforce and Gainsight a plus.
- Good communication (written, oral) and presentation skills (in-person, virtual).
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills.
- Unwavering dedication to integrity and professionalism.
We take great pride in the award-winning culture at AppDynamics. For example:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage.
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance).
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday).
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years.
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages.
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits.