AppD Software Engineer II, APM
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
You are the kind of engineer who likes developing server-side products. You enjoy the challenge of difficult, broad, and technically deep tasks in distributed computing. You love working collaboratively with your team, and equally love owning and driving your own tasks and projects.
- You also have a desire to build products that solve complex technical problems for end users.
- 5+ years experience developing highly scalable, distributed applications, products and services
- 5+ years of development experience in object oriented programming
- Significant design and Architecture experience (Enterprise Software is a plus)
It is a huge plus if you have:
- Experience leading teams and mentoring engineers
- Built products from the ground up and are able to communicate in greater detail
- Experience bringing a product to the market in the data or monitoring spaces
- Strong CS fundamentals, Data Structures, Algorithms and operations systems expertise
About the Role
AppDynamics is the largest / fastest growing APM product on the market. Your code will help diagnose issues happening in real time with major companies like Boeing, Citi, GE and Nasdaq.
As part of Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Platform team, you will work on Controller code which processes millions of metrics that are reported by agents.
You will work directly with Product to build features that enable a broad spectrum of other teams within AppDynamics to develop our cloud and container monitoring technologies, getting involved in discussions at all levels to ensure AppDynamics is prepared for the next generation of web technologies.
You will be responsible for building everything from proof-of-concepts and usability prototypes, to deployment-quality code. As part of the role, you will have the opportunity to work on building
microservices to be deployed on our SaaS, and on-premise products that can enable Controller scale horizontally.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.