AppD Software Engineer (Distributed Systems)
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
About the Role
We are looking for innovative and passionate software engineers with a strong interest and committed to building high quality, low latency, high performance systems. You will be responsible for design, architecture and delivery of features with highest quality following the industry leading software development practices.
* Translate high level requirements into actionable tasks/deliverables
* Design, build, improve and maintain high performance and highly scalable services
* Collaborate with architects, product management and other engineering teams to create solutions that increase value
* Work in an agile, DevOps-oriented culture with a focus on maintaining operational excellence while delivering with high velocity.
* Build high-quality, robust features; own development for features of medium to large complexity.
* Provide accountability and ownership for all task assignments.
* 2+ years developing large-scale software applications.
* Solid computer science fundamentals - algorithms/data structures/algorithm complexity analysis are good to have.
* Understanding of threads, synchronization, locks, concurrent programming and load balancing
* Excellent grasp of distributed systems and micro services
* Comfortable working with other engineers, reviewing code, collaborating on design, with the ability to mentor junior developers
* Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Operations teams to deliver and deploy high quality software on time
* Passionate about producing the best quality software and sharing your enthusiasm
* You are independent, but you can collaborate with others, and enjoy mentoring other engineers.
* You can communicate effectively and frequently present your ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Real passion for quality and engineering excellence at scale
We know that the award-winning culture at Cisco AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Cisco AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Cisco AppDynamics employee. Cisco AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Cisco AppDynamics.Cisco AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. Cisco AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.