AppD Software Engineer - Czech Republic (Graduate)
Location:Prague, Czech Republic
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
What will you be responsible for?
- Product development in Java (no body-shopping)
- Designing and implementing algorithms and data structures
- Addressing concurrency and multithreading concerns
- Reactive programming
- Microservices shipped and deployed using Docker and Kubernetes & running in AWS cloud
At present we are holding a spot for a new software developer in our team and we are already excited too.
You will be working with us - AppDynamics @ Cisco. Here, we focus on developing software solution that helps other companies grow their business. Today, over 2500 companies around the globe cannot imagine doing their business without us!
We are a team of highly motivated professionals and we sincerely believe that for our new colleague this will be a working experience of a lifetime.
You will be helping us develop horizontally scalable microservices deployed and running in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud environment. More specifically, on a day-to-day basis this role involves:
- Implementing new software functionality based on existing design and specifications
- Writing automated tests for any newly implemented code
- Reviewing code changes of other team members
- Taking part in technical discussions and contributing to design of new product features
- Helping with troubleshooting of production issues and customer escalations
- Participating in agile ceremonies (daily stand-ups, planning, release and retrospective meetings)
- Acquiring practical experience with common problems of real-time processing of large amounts of structured data, with focus on the application performance monitoring business domain
- Broadening technical and soft skills with the help of our training programs
What do you need to qualify?
Our team is very dynamic - prepare to get your hands dirty with truly challenging problems. You will get a chance to fully leverage your talents!
You must be fluent in English and/or Czech and have a Master’s degree in software engineering or another relevant natural sciences field (graduates of 2018-2020). Eligibility to work in Czech Republic is also necessary.
- be passionate about solving new challenges
- have a good handle of Java programming language
- have a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
Any previous professional development experience is also welcome. Also, it is a plus if you have any experience with
- technologies such as SQL, Kafka, Redis, K8s, Docker, RxJava
- cloud technologies (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
What can you look forward to?
We offer a you a unique professional software product development experience in a friendly team atmosphere. We spice it up with a great mix of employee benefits, including
- competitive financial compensation
- birthday gift in a form of extra day off
- fully reimbursed sick days
- access to renown conferences, learning and career growth programs and trainings
- meal vouchers and a fridge full of yummy and healthy food
- private medical care program
- contribution to pension and life insurance
- unforgettable team building events sponsored by AppDynamics/Cisco