AppD Software Engineer - Czech Republic (Graduate)
Location:Prague, Czech Republic
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Job TypeNew Graduate
- Software Developer, Java
- Product development in Java (no body-shopping)
- Designing and implementing algorithms and data structures
- Addressing concurrency and multithreading concerns
- Reactive programming
- Microservices shipped and deployed using Docker and Kubernetes & running in AWS cloud
TELL ME MORE…
At present we are holding a spot for a new software developer in our team and we are already excited too.
Why? Our new teammate can simply look forward to a great working experience.
First and foremost, the lucky software developer will be working for us. We are AppDynamics/Cisco and we have just won the #1 employer in the World award. In AppDynamics we focus on developing software solution that helps other companies to grow their business. Today, over 2500 companies around the globe cannot imagine doing their business without us!
We are a team of highly motivated professionals and we sincerely believe that for our new colleague this will be a working experience of a lifetime.
So why do we even need a new colleague?
Our new colleague will be helping us develop horizontally scalable microservices deployed and running in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud environment. More specifically, on a day-to-day basis this role involves:
- Implementing new software functionality based on existing design and specifications
- Writing automated tests for any newly implemented code
- Reviewing code changes of other team members
- Taking part in technical discussions and contributing to design of new product features
- Helping with troubleshooting of production issues and customer escalations
- Participating in agile ceremonies (daily stand-ups, planning, release and retrospective meetings)
- Acquiring practical experience with common problems of real-time processing of large amounts of structured data, with focus on the application performance monitoring business domain
- Broadening technical and soft skills with the help of our training programs
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
You will get your hands dirty with truly challenging problems and will get a chance to fully leverage your talents.
- be passionate about solving new challenges
- have a good handle of Java programming language
- have a good understanding of algorithms and data structures
Any previous professional development experience is also welcome. Also, it is a plus if you have any experience with
- technologies such as SQL, Kafka, Redis, K8s, Docker, RxJava
- cloud technologies (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
Candidates must be fluent in English and/or Czech and have a master’s degree in software engineering or another relevant natural sciences field.
WHAT CAN YOU LOOK FORWARD TO?
We offer a you a unique professional software product development experience in a friendly team atmosphere. We spice it up with a great mix of employee benefits, including
- competitive financial compensation
- birthday gift in a form of extra day off
- fully reimbursed sick days
- access to renown conferences, learning and career growth programs and trainings
- meal vouchers and a fridge full of yummy and healthy food
- private medical care program
- contribution to pension and life insurance
- unforgettable team building events sponsored by AppDynamics/Cisco