AppD Software Engineer, APM (Golang)
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
Cisco AppDynamics is the leading and fastest-growing application performance monitoring solution on the market. With the paradigm shifts to horizontally distributed and service-oriented architectures, cloud hosting, and agile deployment, managing large-scale applications is more complex than ever. The innovative Cisco AppDynamics technology greatly simplifies this task, while providing the critical insight customers need to analyze the performance and user experience of their applications and connect them to specific business outcomes.
You are the kind of engineer that loves solving hard software design problems and are comfortable rolling up your sleeves. You also have
* 7+ years of experience preferred. (Bachelor’s degree in CS or related course preferred).
* Significant experience working with Golang. C/C++ and Java experience are a huge plus.
* Sound knowledge of every day/fundamental data structures, algorithms, and other computer science basics.
* Familiarity with Go and Java frameworks, OOAD, REST, and common design patterns.
* Prior experience building infrastructure software is a definite advantage.
* Comfortable with Windows, Unix/Linux to develop, deploy and maintain software.
* Experience with analyzing, optimizing and writing low-latency parallel and concurrent code.
* In-depth knowledge of operating system quirks, installers, and similar systems knowledge
* Experience building software for both Cloud (AWS) and On-premise configurations.
Breadth of knowledge and skills:
* Knowledge of how a JVM or similar managed environment works internally as well as the ability to tune and debug complex programs is a definite plus.
* Appreciation of computer architecture fundamentals in order to design and write high-quality software.
* General awareness of the theory behind distributed systems will be highly regarded.
* Experience with VM and/or container technologies is a plus.
Attitude and working style:
* Passionate about producing the best-quality software and sharing your enthusiasm.
* Prior open source contributions are a plus.
* Comfortable working with other engineers, reviewing code, collaborating on design while following a lightweight Scrum process.
* Mentor less experienced engineers.
* Collaborate with Quality Assurance and Operations teams to deliver and deploy reliable software on time.
About the Role
The team’s objective is to simplify and unify our customers’ experience around the installation, configuration, and management of scores of language- and environment-specific agents that Cisco AppDynamics has on the market today. We are building a system to eliminate the friction of handling the lifecycle of monitoring agents, from downloads to process instrumentation to upgrades, across virtually all of our customers’ deployments.
We will rely on you to mature the product in terms of scalability, robustness, resilience, and security by adhering to the industry’s leading design and development practices and providing technical guidance in building new features.
We know that the award-winning culture at Cisco AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
* Medical, dental, vision coverage
* 401k match (4.5%)
* Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
* 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
* Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
* Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
* Brand new state-of-the-art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike-share station
* Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Cisco AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any Cisco AppDynamics employee. Cisco AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of Cisco AppDynamics.
Cisco AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. Cisco AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. Cisco AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.