AppD Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
About the Role
We are looking for a hardworking SRE Engineer to join our team. You will be responsible for taking on several new initiatives to enhance and scale our data centers in a fast-growing SaaS environment. Working with other engineers on new cutting-edge applications that expand our core offering, you will provide deep expertise to help steer scalability and stability.
You will model, test, and capture performance bottlenecks and stability issues, at the application level, in a complex distributed environment. The result will be recommendations and hands-on development of enhancements that will produce greater stability, scalability, and efficiency for the application. Your part will be also to provide technical expertise to other teams as you build specific expertise in the deployment and operational best practices specific to our applications. You will also be called on to support the production SaaS environment; in case of issues – troubleshooting the root cause and working with development teams on a resolution.
- Responding to and resolving technical emergencies
- Iterative analysis, modeling, testing, profiling of various components of the SaaS application
- Ensuring efficient and scalable artifact deployments to production servers using automation scripts and other deployment tools
- Monitor the SaaS environment and work with QA, Developers, Ops to identify and solve problems
- Work with other departments in the company to capture requirements and coordinate activities
- Responsible for Uptime, Availability, Scalability, Performance and automation. Besides that, should be adept at problem solving and JIRA management
First and foremost, you have strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills. You work well under pressure and have strong written and verbal communication skills. You pride yourself in being an energetic self-starter who shows personal initiative and have experience working in a rapidly changing environment. You also have:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in CSE, EE, CSM, or a related technical discipline. MS degree desired
- Minimum of 4 years of Systems Operation experience
- Experience with complex SaaS Production or revenue critical web services environments
- Experience on AWS, Anisble/Chef is desirable.
- Experience with environment monitoring in 24/7 web application and eCommerce environment
- Availability for on-call after-hours support
- Having prior knowledge on application development is a plus point