Senior Systems Engineer-AppDynamics
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestInternet of Everything, Networking, Software Development, Testing
About the role:
- Identify, remediate, and detail problematic interactions between AppDynamics software and underlying systems, including, but not limited to:
- Operating systems
- Physical or virtual server hardware
- Storage hardware and file system
- Transport Layer Security, (TLS)
- Public Key Infrastructure, (PKI)
- Advise customers on best practices for sizing and configuring the systems that host AppDynamics platform components
- Answer basic customer questions about the installation, configuration, and operation of AppDynamics products
- Between interactions with customers, develop or improve software tooling that automates or accelerates common support tasks.
You are an engineering generalist who is fascinated by the broader context of your work. You are a fast learner who will steadfastly follow a problem even when it leads into unfamiliar technology stacks. You enjoy sharing your discoveries and skills with anyone who is interested in learning about them.
- Basic proficiency with the VirtualBox, Parallels, or VMWare Workstation / Fusion hypervisor
- Linux OS installation, configuration, and troubleshooting skills, (RHEL or CentOS preferred)
- Basic proficiency with one or more of the following languages: Java, C++, or Python
- The ability to read and write basic SQL queries
- Bash shell scripting skills
- The ability to navigate, search, and quickly extract information from Unix / Linux "man" pages
It is an added advantage/ huge plus if you have below skills:
> Familiarity with Java and JVM internals
> Familiarity with Java TLS implementations and the keytool utility
> The ability to troubleshoot PKI problems including TLS server and client configuration issues
> J2EE application server or servlet container configuration and maintenance experience
> MySQL database server configuration, maintenance, and troubleshooting skills
> Network troubleshooting skills, including proficiency with tcpdump and Wireshark
> ZFS setup and administration skills
> Familiarity with Maven or Gradle build systems
> The ability to write and troubleshoot CMake build configurations
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
AppDynamics is headquartered in San Francisco and has a R&D center in Bangalore.
Learn more about us here: https://www.appdynamics.com/
We're rated as the best workplace by most of our employees- https://www.glassdoor.co.in/Overview/Working-at-AppDynamics-EI_IE319551.11,22.htm
Here's why Cisco bought Appdynamics for whopping $3.7 Billion- https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/small-biz/startups/heres-why-cisco-paid-a-whopping-3-7-billion-to-appdynamics/articleshow/56804329.cms
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We adopt digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!