AppD Senior Software Engineer .NET
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
About the role
As a Senior Software Engineer on the .NET Support Engineering team, you will be responsible for solving complex technical challenges in customer environments and working with customers to provide advanced technical support, analyzing both AppDynamics and customer code.
You will bring experience as a hands-on software engineer who can quickly scan and write code, spot bugs and resolve them, and someone who has great customer-facing communication skills. In this position, you will be responsible for building multi-tiered applications using various .NET Full/Core frameworks, asynchronous programming patterns, and cloud components.
You’ll be working in customer environments as well as Cloud environments such as AWS and Azure. This is a unique opportunity to work in a rapidly-scaling, fast-paced environment with exposure to the most advanced technologies across the stack.
● Help customers instrument, monitor, and debug their large multi-tiered complex applications. ● Write applications in all the available .NET stacks; learn new stacks and technologies and apply our instrumentation to these applications.
● Work on product bug fixes and feature development around customer related enhancements/issues.
● Replicate customer environments and work with the core engineering team to identify & fix the root cause or provide interim workaround as needed.
● Provide advanced technical support and work with customers to solve complex issues with the product in their environment.
● For AppDynamics instrumented applications, analyze and diagnose performance impacting issues using tools such as WinDBG, PerfView, DebugDiag, Fiddler, Wireshark, etc.
● 6+ years of software development experience in .NET with extensive debugging and troubleshooting.
● BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
● Experience is configuring IIS, Docker, AWS, Azure, and Windows networks.
● Experience with object-oriented and asynchronous programming patterns
● Understanding of MVC design patterns and frameworks
● Real-world experience coding/deploying/troubleshooting .NET Core hosted in Docker Linux containers, Windows, and Cloud environments. ● Knowledge of Web protocols, formats, and server environments
● Outstanding attention to detail, specification, and ability to troubleshoot/fix complex problems in customer environments.
● Proven customer-facing professionalism with great communication skills; IE the ability to tailor communication for the audience.
You’ll be working with very technical, as well as some non-technical customers.
Bonus points for
● Ability to analyze thread and memory dumps
● Understanding of .NET Framework Internals
● Prior experience working with or supporting any APM product
● Strong experience scripting in Powershell and Python ● Coding and debugging in C++, PHP, GOLang or Python
● Site Reliability and/or DevOps Engineering experience
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
• Medical, dental, vision coverage
•401k match (4.5%)
•Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
•4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
•Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Year’s.
• Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages.
•Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits.
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.