AppD Senior Software Engineer Krakow - JV(4448)
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the ability to proactively monitor, manage, and optimize the most complex software environments. Because we start with user interactions, our platform can dynamically collect millions of performance data points across your applications and infrastructure. We then apply intelligence to instantly identify performance anomalies, enable automatic fixes and continuously measure business impact. And all this happens in real time, in production, with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility. So even in the most dynamic production environments, you can know more and know it faster. It’s more than monitoring—it’s true Application Intelligence. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com.
AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco in 2017 for a record breaking multiple. This acquisition reinforces Cisco's strategic direction and its shift to software-centric solutions and provides AppDynamics with the resources and support to further accelerate the hyper growth of the business, and the career opportunities for our world-class teams.
About the Role
The Customer Engineering team is responsible for coming up with solutions to help empower our customers in solving their application software and infrastructure monitoring requirements. You may be tasked with creating and maintaining reference implementations for a given technology/ies that exercise our software, helping customers who report problems by either providing them solutions without requiring any code changes, or in reporting/addressing product shortcomings, documenting/sharing best practices, keeping abreast of the technology landscape/how our customers monitoring needs are evolving, etc. Being flexible, a quick unorthodox thinker, decisive in the face of ambiguity, able to wear multiple hats ranging from technology guru to being an advocate for customers are qualities essential for success in this role. Any previous exposure working directly with multiple customers concurrently would be a big bonus.
- 3+ years of experience required
- Must have a solid grasp on Unix/Linux including but not limited to commonly used commands, networking including troubleshooting network connectivity using tools like tcpdump/Wireshark, shell scripting (Bash, Korn, etc.) familiarity, file systems understanding, basic system performance commands, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced level familiarity with SQL and PL/SQL. Expected to understand explain plans - their purpose, and how to use those to tune queries, index management, etc. Any exposure to database internals, and tools for administration/backups/recovery etc. is a big plus
- Exposure to or understanding of SSL/TLS and PKI
- Solid programming background in an object oriented programming language. Understanding of the runtime environment especially pertinent to garbage collection and memory management is very useful. Any of the following languages are acceptable - Java (what our software is written in), Python, Ruby, Go, C++, and C
- Solid computer science fundamentals - algorithms/data structures/algorithm complexity analysis are good to have
- Solid command of written and verbal English. Any other foreign language such as German, French, Spanish, Polish, Arabic, etc. are going to be definite plusses
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Postgre SQL, No Sql - document oriented/columnar/key-value pair
- Operating Systems: Unix/Linux
- Other Technical Skills: App Server setup/troubleshooting - WebSphere/WebLogic, Tomcat/Jetty, etc., networking troubleshooting, SSL/TLS familiarity
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.