AppD Senior Software Engineer (Frontend)
Location:Prague, Stredocesky, Czech Republic
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
What You'll Do
Our platform handles millions of requests/min and manages rich metadata and graph models in a scalable and highly available service-oriented platform. You will get your hands dirty with truly challenging problems and get a chance to fully leverage your talents. You will be helping us develop horizontally scalable microservices deployed and running in the AWS (Amazon Web Services) cloud environment. You will be empowered and challenged to own development, deployment, and optimization of a one or more critical web services.
More specifically, on a day-to-day basis this role involves:
- Designing and developing the next generation of customer-facing User Interfaces and its supported REST APIs
- Integrating with multiple SaaS services to extend the AppDynamics website and customer experience
- Performing peer code reviews and automating all development chores
- Running your code in production and helping to troubleshoot production issues and resolve customer escalations
- Participating in agile ceremonies (daily stand-ups, planning, release and retrospective meetings)
- Working closely with product managers, designers, and other engineers
- Broadening technical and soft skills with the help of our training programs
Who You'll Work With
First and foremost, you will be working with us. We are a team of highly motivated professionals and we sincerely believe that this will be a working experience of a lifetime for you. We offer a you a unique professional software product development experience in a friendly atmosphere of a startup-like team culture.
In AppDynamics we focus on developing software solution that helps other companies to grow their business. Today, over 2500 companies around the globe cannot imagine doing their business without us! We hire people who are eager to contribute to our culture, and we empower them to do just that. We take pride in thinking beyond our day-to-day job descriptions and encourage you to actively seek out opportunities to create the type of work environment that you want to be a part of.
Who You Are
You are a talented front-end engineer passionate about delivering value to the customer and connecting with them through neatly designed web user interfaces. It bugs you when something is broken for our customers or just does provide an optimal user experience and you are self-driven to take action and help get it fixed.
You should have:
- 2+ years of experience working with web application development using Node.js, preferably with Angular or React
- experience with designing and delivering secure and flexible web services
Also, it is a plus if you have any experience with:
- integrating with external SaaS services
- technologies such as SQL, Kafka, Redis, K8s, Docker, Reactor
- cloud technologies (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
You must be fluent in English and/or Czech and have a master’s degree in software engineering or another relevant natural sciences field and 2+ years of relevant experience.
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to shape the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are thought leaders, tech geeks, pop culture aficionados, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Recently we have won the #1 employer in the World award.
We Are Cisco.
The health and safety of Cisco's employees, customers, and partners is a top priority. Our goal is to protect and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 infection for strong business resiliency during the pandemic. Therefore, Cisco may require new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if the role requires business-related travel, meeting with customers/partners (including visiting third-party sites on behalf of Cisco), attending trade events, and Cisco office entry, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law, and in countries where COVID-19 vaccination is legally required. The company will consider legally required accommodations/exceptions for medical, religious, and other reasons as per the requirements of the role and in accordance with applicable law. Additional information will be provided to candidates about the requirements and accommodation process at the offer time based on region.