AppD Senior Software Engineer - APM Insights
Location:San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
You are the kind of engineer that likes to build software from scratch. You have a passion to learn new technologies and platforms. You enjoy working in teams and brainstorming in design sessions. The code you write is simple and reliable. You enjoy “dogfooding” your own product.
You also have,
- You care for code quality and your code is always covered with tests.
- Passion to learn new languages and technologies.
It is a huge plus if you have,
- Experience with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment culture.
- Experience with Web front-end development.
- You practiced Agile methodologies.
- Experience with ML/AI and other data science technologies.
- Experience with containerized environments like Kubernetes, EKS, ECS, AKS, etc...
- Experience with micro-services based architectures.
- Experience with Test Driven Development.
- Open source contributions or any public repository.
About the Role
We’re a relatively new, three-person squad, looking to grow our Application Monitoring Insights product. You will be part of a highly collaborative team, while you implement innovative solutions for providing root cause analysis of applications’ issues. This will help advance AppDynamics monitoring solutions.
You’ll be responsible for designing new features, coding features/tests, reviewing changes, deploying new builds to production, and of course monitoring our own backend using the features you just merged.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but there are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered the property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.