AppD Senior Finance Manager, Monitoring and Analytics
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance, so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- Annual professional development fund to build your skills in product, leadership and technical topics
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Paid time away for new parents (13 weeks)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
You are a highly motivated, people leader who can build your own path forward without significant direction.
You have successful traits such as:
- Commercially savvy, culture to win at highest profit margins and managing risk
- People oriented, this is a management role globally
- Able to partner with senior leaders in multiple time zones effectively
- Organized and a strong attention to detail when dealing with budgets
- Clear and concise communication style
- Effective at building and maintaining relationships across several teams and organizations
About The Role
You will join as a Sr. Finance Manager within Sales & Service Finance, managing the Monitoring and Analytics/App Dynamics Sales Specialist organization. As a business partner to the VP Sales leaders, you will own all financial aspects of the business and have a key seat in their central leadership teams.
- Primary finance business partner for Analytics and Monitoring/App Dynamics Software Sales leaders
- Sales forecasting and analytics, including weekly/monthly forecast in the specialist teams, pipeline management, QBRs and key business insights
- Lead a team of finance managers
- Interlock with the Business Units, working closely with Engineering
- Drive consistency in reporting across the teams
- Look for opportunities to automate, including dashboards and pipelines
- Run OPEX budgets for the sales teams
- Engage in any potential acquisitions and current acquisitions in the integration phase
- Oversee compensation plans, achievement and goaling. Manage manual compensation plans for acquisitions. Oversee commission payment process
- Drive the annual planning process and interlocks with regions and BEs
In this position you will work closely with both Global Sales Specialist teams and Cisco Sales & Service Finance. You will engage heavily with the regions and the Analytics and Monitoring/App Dynamics sales and engineering teams.
- Bachelors degree
- 10+ years of experience of related work experience (finance/accounting, commercial deals, consulting, etc.) with preference for experience in software-related sales environments
- Strong quantitative analysis, modeling, and logical reasoning skills
- People management experience
- Mix of SaaS knowledge or support of software / sales plus Corporate Financial Management highly desired
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamic complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.