AppD Senior Consultant - Sydney
Location:North Sydney, NSW, Australia
Area of InterestProfessional Services
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance.
AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
Provides technical leadership within services engagements, translating solution architecture into a technical implementation plan working closely with the AppDynamics technical team, PM and Customer team to ensure the technical components of the engagement are delivered to meet customer’s business needs. Works closely with R&D and AD Customer Support to provide product and implementation feedback and to drive rapid resolution for engagement specific product and support issues. Mentors junior team members
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
- 5+ years technical IT experience that includes the following:
- Hands-on Java and/or .Net Development
- Deployment and configuration of complex enterprise software
- IT Operations and Application Support
- Solid understanding of Operating Systems (Linux/Windows)
- Experience with J2EE/LAMP/Microsoft stack
- Any direct experience with AppDynamics (or other APM solutions) a big plus
- Application and systems performance management, measurement and analysis. Exposure to another monitoring tool is a bonus
- Must understand the interrelationships between the various infrastructure layers O/S, Disk. Network, NAS, SAN
- Working with a wide variety of platforms and application stacks. Ability to understand new application frameworks in customer environments quickly
- Consulting or Professional Services experience. Demonstrated ability to work with customers under tight deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field from an accredited University. Master’s degree preferred OR commensurate work experience
- Passion for technology
- Desire to work on cutting edge technology and ability to absorb a wide variety of technologies
- Programming experience
- Customer-focused mindset
Success Behaviors (What does Success look like?)
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Proven written communication and documentation skills
- Quick learner - Builds skills in technical areas which support the deployment and integration of AD based solutions, including Advanced OS, DB, Storage; Virtual etc.
- Seen as a trusted advisor by the customer. Uses best practices to consistently make prescriptive recommendations within the scope of the customer's business goals and is the trusted advisor / go-to person for the engagement when customers question what to do or how to perform technical tasks within project scope
- Consistently achieves utilization targets and balances with development plans to ensure skills are updated and in demand
- Seeks to identify and mitigate risks before issues arise
- Ambassador for AD solutions with customers and peers and communicates with confidence and accuracy
- Candidate should be open to up to 50% travel
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
Just a Note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third-party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.