AppD Sales Engineer - Mumbai
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Why you'll love AppDynamics
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds.
Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
What you'll do
As a Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you will be responsible for providing outstanding pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with end customers, partners and internal Cisco teams you will be the subject matter authority on AppDynamics. If you are interested in a career in sales engineering, derive success from seeing people grow in their technical and functional capability, and have an eye for detail - this job is for you!
- You will present AppDynamics solutions to customers, and then guide them on their technical journey.
- You will be responsible for delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasise AppDynamics’ industry leading APM solutions
- During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating AppDynamics’ ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment.
- You will become their AppDynamics trusted advisor and build a long-term relationship with our customers
- Finally, you will have the opportunity to work directly with our product management, engineering, customer success, and marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
To be a successful Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you should have worked in a sales engineer, pre-sales, solution consulting or solution architect customer facing role and be passionate about technical sales and working with customers. Ideally, you are ambitious, self-motivated, and have experience with full stack monitoring, application performance management, performance engineering or performance testing technologies and techniques.
Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- A knack for tech. You want to learn about things like containers, call-stacks and multi-cloud architectures.
- You possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
- This is a sales role - you are passionate about technical sales.
- You can work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently.
- Travel upto 50% (Post-COVID)
- You are highly coachable, with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional and as part of a team
- Experience in working across any of APM, Full Stack Monitoring or Observability Solutions
- Competence working in OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts
- Understanding of the concept of Observability and why it is critical to today's technology-driven companies
- Knowledge of current technologies such as containerised environments and serverless functions
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL
About AppDynamics and Cisco
The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we’re unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered Full Stack Observability solution that provides visibility and insight into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make mission-critical and strategic decisions that drive the business forward in real-time. When AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco for $3.7B it was the day before we were planning on going public. This strategic acquisition was 2.4 times more than we were planning to exit at, which highlights how much Cisco values the AppD business. So, why did they invest so much in us? As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will serve a meaningful role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being a part of the Cisco family allows us to benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
AppDynamics as a part of Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.