AppD Sales Engineer - Italy (Sourcing)
Location:Milan, Lombardia, Italy
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Why you’ll love AppDynamics:
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver excellent customer experiences. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
What You'll Do:
As a Sales Engineer at AppDynamics, you will be responsible for providing best in class pre-sales technical support to the sales team. Working directly with customers you will be the domain authority on application performance management and AppDynamics. Delivering product demonstrations that directly address customer pain and emphasize AppDynamics’ industry leading APM solutions. During the sales cycle, you will lead the proof of concepts, demonstrating AppDynamics’ ability to meet and exceed customer requirements, often in the customer’s production environment.
Who You'll Work With:
You will have the opportunity to work directly with our Product Management, Engineering, Customer Success, and Marketing teams to share your knowledge and experiences to ultimately improve our business and our customers’ success.
Who You Are:
To be a successful you will need to have experience in a sales engineer or customer-facing role, and be passionate about technical sales and working with customers. Ideally, you are high-reaching and self-motivated, and have experience with application performance management technologies and techniques and Cloud and Big- Data technologies. Other qualifications we are looking for include:
- Experience and competence working at OS command lines including Unix, Linux and Window command prompts.
- Experience with Unix/Linux/Windows shell scripting
- Knowledge of basic networking components and concepts. Ability to solve problems of basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Experience with web servers and common relational databases used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passionate about technical sales and working with customers
- Forward-thinking and self-motivated with a high emotional IQ
- Ability to work on multiple opportunities & POCs concurrently
- Highly coachable with a strong desire to improve and grow as a professional
- Travel up to 50%
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Experience with application performance management technologies and techniques SQL.
- Experience with Cloud and Big-Data technologies
- Experience with common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as ASP.NET, ASMX, WCF, MSMQ, etc.
- Experience with common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components such as servlets, struts, Spring, EJB, web services, RMI, JMS, MQ-Series, etc.
The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we’re unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered application performance monitoring solution that provides visibility and insight into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make mission critical and strategic decisions that drive business forward in real-time. When AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco for $3.7B it was the day before we were planning on going public. This strategic acquisition was 2.4 times more than we were planning to exit at, which highlights how much Cisco values the AppD business. So, why did they invest so much in us? As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will serve a critical role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being a part of the Cisco family allows us to benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
AppDynamics as a part of Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.