AppD Sales Enablement Specialist/Architect
Location:Offsite, San Jose, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Why you’ll love AppDynamics:
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. We make the digital world work. Our vision is to empower people and machines to continuously advance business performance to benefit everyone.
We are looking for a technical sales professional that is looking for their next step, working with sales, sales engineering, strategy, and GTM to help with our X-architectural vision. This individual will have the propensity to understand multiple technologies as standalone, but also how integrating them creates a differentiated value proposition.
You should have a passion for iterative development of content aligned to joint value propositions, the ability to coach and educate the field; technically & commercially, whilst refining these use cases and the messaging. It’s critical that you are happy being in front of large audiences and deal with objections thoughtfully. This individual will need to be comfortable with giving and receiving feedback, both positive and constructive, with the tenacity to act on it.
Ideally this person will have been part of a technical sales organisation that has experience building & selling compelling solutions, not products; aligned to customer needs and buying patterns. In addition to that, being a part of building new forms of revenue streams is also very beneficial.
Desired Experience & Skills
A strong foundation in application/enterprise architecture, operations, DevOps, IT Ops, and AIOps and the surrounding processes is essential, in addition to the following:
• 4 years + working with application performance management technologies and techniques
• Experience in a software pre-sales environment
• Awareness of the AIOps market segment
• Excellent presentation and communication skills with the ability to hold senior technical and commercial conversations (C to C - 1). You must have the ability to talk pricing and absolutely be a techie!
• Enterprise Architecture level understanding of technology and how it is integrated together to deliver on business objectives
• Have the ability to talk about multiple technologies as a solution
• Be open to be coached and also coaching. A core part of this role is enabling both sales and engineers on the latest and greatest technology
• Excited about interacting with many different technologies, and about learning the technical detail as well as how its commercially offered
• Note - engineer/architect level technical knowledge is required, along with understanding how software is bought; ACV, TCV, license models, etc.
• Have the ability to create content on various technologies and multi-product solutions that covers both the technical depth as well as how it delivers value on business objectives.
• The ability to work cross-functionally across multiple organizations in the company including: Other Cisco BUs, Marketing, Creative, Corporate Development, Offer Management, etc
About This Role
This individual will be at the cutting edge of technology, contributing to sales and go-to-market strategy as we continue to build upon our AIOps platform. To be successful in this role, the individual will need to build strong relationships with partners, geo sales and technical leads, in addition to product, strategy and GTM teams.
This role will be at the epicenter of launching new technologies, and therefore needs to have the ability to interact with many stakeholders, have a keen eye for consistent progress, in addition to being an influencer, without being a direct manager.
This individual will be responsible for sales and technical enablement that makes up X-architecture and our multi-product solutions. They will create, deliver, and refine content, in addition to coach sales and engineers in that region on the new capability. From delivering joint value propositions, to advising, to ensuring engineers are demo-ready. They may attend customer meetings.
Telecommuting is permitted, however there may be travel to various locations, primarily throughout.
The world is changing. Today, people and devices are more connected than ever before, raising the bar for performance and the customer experience alike. At AppDynamics, we’re unified in our mission to empower the enterprise with an AI-powered application performance monitoring solution that provides visibility and insight into the IT environment, as well as unified monitoring down to the network, so you can make mission critical and strategic decisions that drive business forward in real-time. When AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco for $3.7B it was the day before we were planning on going public. This strategic acquisition was 2.4 times more than we were planning to exit at, which highlights how much Cisco values the AppD business. So, why did they invest so much in us? As part of Cisco, AppDynamics will serve a critical role in helping drive Cisco's continued transformation into a software company. Being a part of the Cisco family allows us to benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
AppDynamics as a part of Cisco is an equal opportunity employer.