AppD Sales Enablement Engineer - Bay Area
Location:Offsite, Bay Area, California, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
AppD Sales Enablement Engineer
AppDynamics is an Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to shown success and trust with the Global 2000.
We’re looking for someone who can confidently and credibly help the organization through a period of massive growth. This role will focus on teaching and coaching a team of technically focused experts in a sales dominated role.Success will rely upon the individual’s ability to build strong relationships with our Sales and Sales Engineering, Sales Enablement and Product teams as well as customers and partner stakeholders. The individual will need to be very comfortable giving and receiving positive and constructive feedback and adapting.
Provide enablement using extensive technical knowledge of the company’s products to the field team on technology trends and competitive threats, both at a technical and business level. Look for ways to expand on the company’s success by constantly evaluating technical activities and trends across the world. Identify gaps and risks, then drive quality improvements of technical activities through enablement workshops, contents and coaching. Partner closely with Sales and Sales Engineering and act as a subject matter authority on Application Performance Management. Mentor all junior Sales Engineers throughout. Manage presentations and hands-on technical work to help build teams which can support the company’s growth to meet future needs.
Telecommuting permitted and travel may be required to various unanticipated locations globally, most in the United States.
- Ensure that new Sales and Sales Engineering hires at every level are rapidly integrated with an effective training program covering product knowledge and sales processes
- Measure the impact of training on productivity and take action to optimize
- Evaluate and optimize every aspect of the sales process. Look for opportunities to mature existing Sales’ Tools and develop new ones.
- Drive sales process, execution and adoption
- Regularly review with Sales, Sales Engineering and Field Architect teams to identify additional training / development needs
- Align training requirements for product launches and introductions
- Assist with Go To Market strategies.
- Work with Sales, Sales Engineering and Field Architect management team to create talent development programs, mentor programs and career development pathways for both new and expert team members
A strong foundation in application architecture, operations, DevOps and the surrounding processes is essential. The following skills are required as it will contribute to your credibility and success with your team, our customers, our product teams and your peers:
- 2+ years working with Application Performance Management technologies and techniques
- 1+ years of experience in a software pre-sales environment
- Basic networking components and concepts to troubleshoot basic networking issues that may prevent communication between hosts
- Web servers and common relational databases / SQL used in today’s application architectures. Ability to understand SQL.
- Good understanding of Cloud and Big Data technologies
- Common .NET web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components
- Common Java web application architecture frameworks, distribution mechanisms and messaging components
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies
AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics follows all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.