AppD Public Relations Manager, Corporate Communications US
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Additional Location(s)Bay Area
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
What You'll Do
Join a team of record breakers and progress more than you’ve ever done before - helping customers to become Agents of Transformation, accelerating their businesses and their careers.
At AppDynamics, the business has grown significantly in recent years and continues to thrive since the company’s acquisition by Cisco in 2017. As part of our continued growth, we are looking for a skilled individual to join the communications team based in AppDynamics’ dynamic San Francisco headquarters. With an excellent network of agencies and a clearly defined brief, we are looking for a hardworking comrade to join us, with the potential to create a huge impact.
AppDynamics is hiring an associate public relations manager to join our growing communications team. We’re looking for an A player with a passion for storytelling and enterprise technology. You can transform complex technical solutions into simple, memorable and compelling stories. You can also get to the heart of a customer success story, bringing the value of AppDynamics to life through engaging PR content. You should have a good understanding of the power of thought leadership and have an opinion about the future of enterprise technology and digital transformation.
- Advance a narrative that showcases AppDynamics’ vision of the Central Nervous System and demonstrates how Enterprise organizations can embrace Application and Business Performance Monitoring to successfully deliver a world-class digital customer experience.
- Support the development and execution of targeted and impactful PR programs including customer stories, product launches, technical innovation and other thought leadership campaigns.
- Build an awareness machine that keeps AppDynamics at the forefront of the media hype cycle by aligning to the stories that matter.
- Write, edit, cross-thread and creatively repurpose public-facing content including press releases, customer stories, and blog posts.
- Work side-by-side with our PR agencies to earn consistent media coverage, increasing our relevance and driving sales.
- Help build the culture of our growing comms team, while learning and growing in a fast-paced environment.
Who You'll Work With
In this role you will be working closely with the local PR agency; identifying speaker platforms; developing submissions for industry and solution awards; reporting and evaluation; and supporting product and company announcements.
You will join a small but fierce global communications team, working closely with the regional Communications Manager, and engaging with key partners across the US marketing teams and sales organisations and with our customers.
Who You Are
- You have 4+ years PR experience in a fast-paced, enterprise tech environment (agency or in-house), engaging a wide variety of stakeholders and business partners. A detailed understanding of the APM/AIOps space and media landscape would be a distinct advantage.
- You have extensive knowledge of the enterprise technology space and the business and technology challenges facing relevant decision makers in today’s digital world.
- You have shown experience in delivering PR programs that span executive thought leadership, technical innovation and customer success for enterprise technology companies.
- You have A deft focus on high-impact outcomes and a consistent track record of driving results.
- You are a natural storyteller with an understanding and a curiosity to continuously learn about the inner workings of the technologies that empower our modern world.
- You have outstanding interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding attention to detail and impeccable organisational and administrative skills.
- Self-starter, strong sense of initiative, confident communicator, and phenomenal team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations or communications preferred.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- Annual professional development fund to build your skills in product, leadership and technical topics
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Paid time away for new parents (13 weeks)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits