AppD Program Manager, Employee Experience
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Cloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
AppDynamics is an Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to shown success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the role:
We created the Employee Experience (EX) team within AppDynamics to ensure a seamless and rave-worthy employee experience across all employee work locations, including the work-from-home experience, and to drive community engagement, fulfillment and ultimately, employee happiness. The Program Manager will take the lead to drive our employee engagement through strategic coordination with cross-functional, people-focused teams. In this role, you will:
● Understand the strategic goals of AppDynamics across all functions, connect these to employee engagement to prioritize and develop programs supporting them, clearly communicating a vision and pathway to success.
● Have an inclusive approach that cultivates a sense of belonging among all employees—across work location, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, and/ or veteran status.
● Achieve successful program outcomes through a combination of enthusiastic leadership and detailed coordination; crafting project plans and timelines, ensuring accurate resourcing and driving transparency in reporting to stakeholders and employees.
● Lead cross-functional teams and facilitate collaboration and accountability through a proven understanding of roles of employees, outside vendors and consultants.
● Grow a scalable foundation for program management processes, and work with other PM’s within the company to formalize and mature our operational efficiency.
● Develop partnerships within the greater Cisco community to cultivate mutually beneficial two-way communication.
You are an excellent communicator who effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in demanding work environments. You are a self-starter who takes personal initiative. You think critically, and partner naturally across a variety of functions. You are able to see the big picture, and ‘connect the dots’ across programs. You are consultative, strategic, and passionate about your work. You are creative and seize opportunities to innovate.
● You will have knowledge of what motivates, engages and retains employees, and will use this to shape engagement activities. You will stay ahead of industry best practices and innovations to continually evolve and implement AppDynamics engagement activities as appropriate.
● 5+ years of project or program management or equivalent experience in technology, human resources, or related fields.
● You have successfully developed or managed end to end corporate employee engagement programs.
● You lead and influence at all levels across a variety of job functions and orchestrate diverse groups of people.
● Strong understanding of project management methodologies, PMP certification would be a plus.
● Active listener who can understand challenges, prioritize objectives, and align issues to achieve results.
● Strong communicator, with demonstrated ability to interact with people at all organizational levels, including executive staff.
● You are curious and creative, developing novel solutions to big challenges and have an inherent interest in learning about new technologies and innovative project methodologies.
● You have a B.S./ B.A. degree or equivalent experience. MBA would be a plus.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed for work in the morning, like:
● Medical, dental, vision coverage
● 401k match (4.5%)
● Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
● Annual professional development fund to build your skills in product, leadership and technical topics
● 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
● Paid time away for new parents (13 weeks)
● $10k in donation/volunteer matching annually and $10k disaster relief donation matching annually.
● Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
● Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.