AppD Professional Services Architect - Central
Location:Offsite, Minnesota, US
Area of InterestProfessional Services
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
You have the desire to intimately understand the customer business needs, you know the right questions to ask in a pre-sales setting to gain enough understanding of the landscape to formulate a compelling technology solution. You are able to passionately convey the value of the solutions you design, You will retain technology leadership throughout the project execution with the objective of ensuring the vision is fully realized.
You will exemplify these traits:
Curious – Have desire to truly and intimately understand our customer's business problems.
Creative – In finding a sustainable path to yes
Partnership – To both the customer and to our colleagues outside of services organization
Technology-first Mindset – We sell software for technologists and we speak their language
Empathetic – Connect at a human level with our customers and be able to walk in their shoes
- In a pre-sales setting, you will ask the right questions to get to the core customer business need and to acquire enough technical and organizational information to be able to confidently formulate a compelling technology solution.
- You will work with the client and other AppDynamics Subject Matter Experts as required to generate an actionable technical design which will inform the project plan.
- Develops meaningful relationships with key stakeholders within the customer team’s executive leadership as well as AppDynamics teams (sales, pre-sales, etc).
- You will be responsible to scope a project, including providing effort estimates, risk assessments, content for the technical portions of services proposals and Statements of Work.
- You will retain technology leadership throughout the project execution with the objective of ensuring the vision is fully realized and you will work hand-in-hand with the project manager to monitor the progress of the project against its technical design.
- You can concisely convey and evangelize the business value of the combined product and services solution.
- In order to be able to effectively express technology authority in a project setting, you will need to be maintain implementation level proficiency and the ability to implement any AppDynamics product independently.
- Synthesizes learning and trends observed in the field into repeatable technology best practices in collaboration with other AppDynamics functions.
- Mentor other services team members on various technology aspects to promote a culture of technology excellence at all levels.
- Foster collaboration with our product, support and engineering teams and provide feedback from the field on features and functionality
- Master in Computer Science or similar technical field
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience, or 5+ years on AppDynamics products
- Previous experience as technical or pre-sales Consultant for an enterprise software company or for a recognized consultancy firm
- Expert level understanding of the application performance management space with hands on experience on AppDynamics or competing product
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Ability to influence and persuade at all level and gain a ‘Trusted Advisor’ status with key stakeholders
- Adopts a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence
- Effectively facilitates workshops and meetings (design thinking experience is a plus)
- Expert, hand-on level experience (2+ years) in at least three of the following technical domains
- SDLC practices including Agile practices, DevOps and CI/CD strategies
- IT Operations (NOC or similar)
- Virtualization and/or Containerization
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Application Performance Management
- Application Development
- Operating systems
- Servers and networks
- Java (J2EE)
- ITIL, TOGAF certifications a plus
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken) with each additional language a plus
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years