AppD Professional Services Architect - East Region
Location:Offsite, New York, New York, US
Alternate LocationOffsite, Washington D.C. Metro area, Offsite, Anywhere in Eastern time zone
Area of InterestProfessional Services
AppDynamics, a Cisco company, is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
Our inclusive culture promotes a creative, innovative, and collaborative environment that helps drive our globalization strategy and has led to Cisco being ranked as one of the world’s best places to work.
About the Role
Architects compile customer business and technical requirements into a solution architecture and project/program definition. They provide technical leadership and oversight during all stages of the project/program delivery. This includes advising the project team and customer on implementation approach, strategy, integration, deployment, and adoption of standard methodologies to ensure that the customer realizes long-term value from the deployed software.
In addition to the customer-facing work, architects also play a vital role in the continuous improvement of our internal tools, processes and best practices.
Key responsibilities (What Do You Do?)
- In a pre-sales setting, you will ask the right questions to get to the core customer business needs and to acquire enough technical and organizational information to confidently formulate a compelling technology solution.
- Collaborate with the client and other AppDynamics Subject Matter Experts as required tan impactful actionable technical design which will inform the project plan.
- Develops important relationships with key stakeholders within the customer team’s executive leadership as well as AppDynamic’s teams (sales, pre-sales, project management, consulting, etc).
- You will be responsible to scope a project, including providing effort estimates, risk assessments, content for the technical portions of services proposals and Statements of Work.
- You will retain technology leadership throughout the project execution with the objective of ensuring the vision is fully realized and you will work hand-in-hand with the project manager to monitor the progress of the project against its technical design.
- You can concisely convey and evangelize the business value of the combined product and services solution.
- In order to be able to effectively express technology authority in a project setting, you will need to maintain implementation level proficiency and the ability to implement any AppDynamics product independently.
- Synthesizes learning and trends observed in the field into repeatable technology best practices in collaboration with other AppDynamics functions.
- Mentor other service’s team members on various technology aspects to promote a culture of technology excellence at all levels.
- Foster collaboration with our product, support and engineering teams and provide feedback from the field on features and functionality
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
- Bachelors in Computer Science, or similar technical field, Masters preferred
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience, or 5+ years on AppDynamics products
- Previous experience as technical or pre-sales Consultant for an enterprise software company or for a recognized consultancy firm
- Expert level understanding of the application performance management space with hands on experience on AppDynamics or competing product
- Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
- Ability to influence and persuade at all levels and gain a ‘Trusted Advisor’ status with key stakeholders
- Adopts a consultative and prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence
- Effectively facilitates workshops and meetings (design thinking experience is a plus)
- Expert, hand-on level experience (2+ years) in at least three of the following technical domains
- SDLC practices including Agile practices, DevOps and CI/CD strategies
- IT Operations (NOC or similar)
- Performance Engineering/Testing
- Virtualization and/or Containerization (Kubernetes, Docker, etc)
- Cloud technologies (Azure, AWS, etc)
- Application Performance Management
- Application Development
- Enterprise Operating Systems
- Database Technologies
- Enterprise Servers and Network Technologies
- Java ( to include J2EE) Stack Technology Proficiency and Awareness
- .Net Technology Proficiency and Awareness
- ITIL, TOGAF certifications a plus
- Strong command of the English language (written and spoken) with each additional language a plus
- Ability to travel
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!