AppD Product Manager- Cloud Technologies
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Alternate LocationSan Jose
Area of InterestProject or Program Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the ability to proactively monitor, manage, and optimize the most complex software environments. Because we start with user interactions, our platform is able to dynamically collect millions of performance data points across your applications and infrastructure. We then apply intelligence to instantly identify performance anomalies, enable automatic fixes and continuously measure business impact. And all this happens in real time, in production, with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility. So even in the most dynamic production environments, you can know more and know it faster. It’s more than monitoring—it’s true Application Intelligence. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com
About the Team
Our mission is to help our customers deliver high-quality application experiences to their users, customers, co-workers and partners. Our services are actively used today on the business applications of the largest financial services, transportation, technology and retail companies in the world. We work together in a collaborative environment that cares equally about what we do (results) and how we do it (team interactions).
About the Role
The goal of the Product Infrastructure group is to develop the infrastructure foundation that underpins the AppD SaaS business. Our group is responsible for managing infrastructure services for a globally operated, always-on service, in an automated, self-service way.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management, you will define, deliver and manage cloud infrastructure services that power the AppD SaaS platform, using agile development methodologies. This role requires someone who is passionate about how cloud platforms are managed, consumed, and operated in the most secure, scalable and repeatable manner possible.
What you will do:
- Define and manage AppDynamics product infrastructure services that enable AppD SaaS platform to be developed and operated at scale.
- Develop empathy for our customers and internal teams so that you understand their needs. Take these inputs, synthesize a clear product vision from them, then evangelize and consistently execute against that vision, in close collaboration with a cross functional group comprising engineering, operations, support, product, marketing, legal and finance.
- Actively manage the product backlog and drive execution, by translating use cases and requirements into well-documented user stories and acceptance criteria.
- Define success metrics for your product, track progress, and build plans to act on analysis.
- Define and clearly communicate a strong governance approach for the product, making it easy for AppDynamics operations to adopt and stay aligned as the product evolves.
- Follow other best-in-class platform offerings and conduct capability analysis to understand how we can continue to improve.
Skills and experience you should have:
- BA/BS degree in CS, Engineering, IT/MIS, or equivalent. MBA a plus.
- 5+ years experience in product management, software engineering, or technology development.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies for example, container services, queuing, cloud storage, database services etc.
- Experience building and operationalizing SaaS platform services
- Fluency with data analysis coupled with the ability to produce insights that inform strategic decision making.
- Demonstrated business savvy and technical skills, driving delivery of complex technology projects on time.
- Ability to think strategically and execute tactically, providing timely progress/result reports to the right audiences.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, good judgment and instincts. Ability to collaborate with and influence other teams to get things done, with diplomacy and without formal authority.
- Strong internal drive, a bias for action and ability to build internal champions across the organization.
- Experiences building repeatable structures that help usher in operational rigor, while promoting visibility to management, customers and partner teams.
- Enjoy relating to a diverse set of users, and creating products to meet their needs.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
· Medical, dental, vision coverage
· 401k match (4.5%)
· Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
· 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
· Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
· Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
· State of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station.
· Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a Note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics. AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.
This role is expected to work with teams in US Pacific Time zone and travel occasionally to meet with the team in the San Francisco location.