AppD Product Manager, Browser Monitoring
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Pre Sales and Product Management
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the ability to proactively monitor, manage, and optimize the most complex software environments. Because we start with user interactions, our platform is able to dynamically collect millions of performance data points across your applications and infrastructure. We then apply intelligence to instantly identify performance anomalies, enable automatic fixes and continuously measure business impact. And all this happens in real time, in production, with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility. So even in the most dynamic production environments, you can know more and know it faster. It’s more than monitoring—it’s true Application Intelligence. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com.
About the Team:
Our close-knit product management team guides the building of new products at AppDynamics. We work with our customers, sales teams, designers and engineers to develop products that delight our customers and advance our strategic goals. We listen, we bring people together, we build consensus out of ambiguity and we pay attention to the details to ensure quality. We lead as problem-solvers and build a deeply technological product with some of the world’s best technical and creative people to solve our customers’ toughest challenges.
About the Role:
As a member of the product management team, you will lead the vision and roadmap for one of our most impactful areas: Browser Real User Monitoring (BRUM). Browser applications are the backbone of today’s connected world, and the quality of these experiences helps business across all sectors and industries succeed. As a core offering of AppDynamics’s Digital Experience Monitoring (DEM) product, Browser Monitoring helps our customers deliver outstanding online experiences to their end users and provides them with vital insights into how those experiences drive positive business outcomes. As we develop the next generation of our product, you will have the opportunity—and the challenge—to think deeply about the direction of BRUM and work with a team to amplify its value proposition.
- Own and guide the product strategy and execution for critical parts of our Browser Real User Monitoring (BRUM) product.
- Develop a product vision for the future of BRUM by interviewing customers and working with internal teams (sales, field, marketing, finance, legal, customer success, product, engineering, operations, etc.).
- Unify people by collaborating with engineering and other crucial teams across the organization to build consensus, make decisions, and execute on our BRUM roadmap.
- Prioritize the backlog, engaging with partners to make trade off decisions if there are resource constraints.
- Present your ideas succinctly and socialize our roadmap (themes planned and/or delivered) with internal collaborators and customers to constantly promote our strategy.
- Contribute to making the product development processes more effective.
You are passionate about product management and care deeply about making life simpler for developers and IT operations teams. You are intrinsically motivated by your work and yearn to launch phenomenal products that make a difference. You have the confidence and knowledge to successfully be responsible for your product, are detail oriented, have an eye for building the 'right' thing, and discipline to measure the success of what you have built.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of Product Management experience, with a consistent record of shipping software in a high growth company.
- Understanding of and experience with agile software development and sales processes in B2B.
- Experience with a technical product domain or experience in front-end development/performance engineering.
- Experience working closely with user experience designers and researchers, as well as agile engineering teams.
- Proven track record to influence decisions across all company levels, especially without formal authority.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a multifaceted environment, leading initiatives with little guidance/push.
- Ability to think strategically and act tactically.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science preferred.
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
- State of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station.
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a Note:
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics. AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.