AppD Group Product Manager - Cloud, Kubernetes & Infrastructure Monitoring
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com.
About Product Management at AppD
Our mission on the Product Management team is to help our customers deliver high quality application experiences to their users, customers, co-workers and partners. Our products are actively used today on the applications of the largest financial services, transportation, technology and retail companies in the world. We work together in a collaborative environment that cares equally about results and achieving them in a way that leaves everyone feeling positive about the team.
About the Role
You'll direct a team of product managers that nurture and grow our cloud, kubernetes and infrastructure monitoring product offerings. An AppDynamics Product Manager's core job is to collaborate with customers, engineers, designers, marketing and sales to discover useful, usable, and feasible capabilities that increase the value of their products. You also develop empathy for your customers so you can optimally translate those opportunities into well-defined problems for your partners in engineering to seek solutions to. As a champion for your product domain you are the voice of the customer, driving transformation in your product and the organization. As a manager you will also hire, develop and retain talent as well as evolve the art and science of our product management practice.
You blend a few critical capabilities. You have track record of shipping multiple successful products as a product manager, and have management experience or evidence of readiness. The technical chops to work collaboratively together with engineering. A working knowledge of the Kubernetes, Prometheus, Istio ecosystem and/or AWS and cloud services in general.
We are looking for someone that demonstrates the following:
- You have all critical skill sets or are strong in a few with a clear aptitude and motivation to learn the rest
- You click with our culture and can work with a cross-functional team that spans the globe
- You are an all around communicator who is equally comfortable discussing technology details with engineering as you are actively listening to prospects and customers
- Roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Excellent judgment and sense of prioritization, along with attention to detail
We'll prefer candidates that can show us some of the following as well:
- User experience or design thinking know how
- You have experience building and/or operating production applications
- Knowledge of APM products and solutions, commercial or open
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance)
- 4 weeks PTO, 5 days VTO, 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday)
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Years
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks your heart desires, monthly happy hour events, and weekly massages
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics complies with all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.