AppD Principal Product Manager, Data Platform
Location:Offsite, San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
About the Role
As a Principal/Senior Product Manager, you will be responsible for defining the roadmap for key M.E.L.T Services as part of the AppDynamics Data platform. You will develop the vision for developing an extensible platform that power Appdynamics as well as 3rd party services. You will develop plans for offering the service both to external and internal customers including service definition, monetization & go-to-market strategy in partnership with engineering, pricing & product marketing. You would also work with engineering on milestone planning, feature prioritization, day-day execution & development.
- Customer Champion: Deeply understand customers’ Observability evolution over the next 4-5 years. Develop product strategy for Data Platform services to help AppDynamics lead the industry & its customers in achieving the full-stack Observability vision
- Requirements definition and roadmap: Distilling customer and market requirements into use-cases , developing the feature requirements and execution plans
- Competitive analysis: Define market leading differentiators for the products based on completive analysis & customer feedback
- Cross-team leadership: Coordinate & lead initiatives across multiple squads to realize product vision.
- Contribute to the overall roadmap for the AIOPs platform & lead initiatives outside of core responsibility areas
You combine strong customer empathy with a results-oriented clarity on trade-offs required to deliver products iteratively. You have passion to build scalable systems that serve multiple use-cases and have the curiosity to learn about the state of the art technologies that enable market leading features. You have got strong technical skills and work collaboratively together with engineering and customers.
We are looking for someone that has
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, with Masters’ degree or MBA strongly preferred
- 8-10 years of experience with a minimum of 5-6 years in a Product Management role
- Strong experience in defining & building enterprise SaaS and/or cloud services
- Experience with using Data, AI/ML in building enterprise SaaS offerings a strong plus
- Strong ability to communicate precisely in written, presentation, and verbal forms both with customers & internal stakeholders
- Ability to communicate and translate technical issues for business users as well engage & lead architecture & design discussions with engineering architects
- Works well with peers and team members both inside and outside of the assigned area of responsibility