AppDynamics - Performance Engineer - Software
Location:Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
About the Role:
AppDynamics Performance Team is responsible for Product Performance analysis, benchmark development, scalability, reliability and capacity/sizing initiatives. The responsibilities include performance requirement reviews, design, implement benchmarks and workloads, execute, analyze and report benchmarks results, and provide optimizations to improve the product scalability and performance. We are looking for a senior level development engineer with "performance" focus to work on AppDynamics App Intelligence Product.
Any candidate must have extensive Java/J2EE development, Micro Services and Performance Analysis skills. Analysis include using Java profilers, memory(heap), cpu and system level performance tools. Ability to provide optimizations or evaluate alternative architectures from performance and scalability perspective is required. This position will also include occasional work with customers(SaaS) to address customer performance problems.
- 10+ years of experience with a proven track record of excellence
- Experience working with massively large scale data processing and distributed systems
- Must have experience with Big Data eco-systems and technology stack like ElasticSearch/Hadoop/HBase/Kafka etc).
- Must have extensive experience with atleast 2 of these technologies(Java, Java EE(Application Servers), REST, XML, Micro Services, Docker, Kubernetis.
- Performance engineering design, implementing, and automating benchmarks is a must. Proven experience in performance analysis, optimizations and participate in architecture reviews.
- Demonstrated knowledge of systems software and systems internals, scaling services on cloud computing platforms like AWS.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Must be self driven, innovative, and willing to take initiative.
Education: BS in Engineering/Computer Science or Equivalent