AppD Market Intelligence Leader
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Alternate LocationSeattle, Washington
Area of InterestProfessional Services
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
Market Intelligence Leader
What You'll Do
In this critical leadership role, you will be responsible for leading all the activities related to market monitoring, extracting, synthesizing information and using it to maintain market projections to guide the business strategy and improve market share and competitiveness for AppDynamics. You will work closely with Competitive Intelligence team, Product Marketing team, Communications team and the senior leadership team across all functions to perform market analytics, generate actionable insights and recommend shifts in strategy where applicable.
- Work as a leader in market intelligence; own all market intelligence activities and communicate insights to all business stakeholders
- Build deep understanding of the company’s products, markets, competitors, and business to be able to connect dots between external trends and internal priorities
- Monitor, analyze and process market intelligence and projections by tapping into internal and external resources and interviewing domain experts
- Develop models to assess market opportunity for new strategy (products, technologies, go to market)
- Deliver and communicate market intelligence reports (inclusive of competitor analyses) in timely manner
- Provide benchmarking analysis as needed, if relevant for key strategic business decisions; may launch research studies to support decision making with a focus on market demands and emerging trends
- Develop an education program for various types of audience (senior leadership, function leadership, all employees) to increase an understanding of the market trends and competitive landscape for AppDynamics employees
- Manage engagements with external research companies, assess quality of the reports by monitoring published research related to market
- Guide and coach the Market Research Analyst day-to-day
Who You'll Work With
You will work closely with Competitive Intelligence team, Product Marketing team, Business Transformation team, Communications team and the senior leadership team across all functions to perform market analytics, generate actionable insights and recommend shifts in strategy where applicable. You will also work with Cisco Corporate Strategy team and Global Market View (GMV) team to align on APM and Full Stack Observability market opportunity view.
Who You Are
You have experience working in large, complex organizations with proven success and a record of high performance and strong leadership skills. You have a deep domain expertise in SaaS, prior experience in Application Performance Monitoring market is a plus but not required. You are passionate to learn about new markets & trends, and equally as passionate to teach others. Your ability to synthesize complex & seemingly disparate information into actionable business insights is unparalleled.
- BS / BA degree or equivalent
- 8+ years total experience preferably in a SaaS business
- 5+ in market research or strategy role
- Experience in conducting research (quantitative and qualitative) and translating research into insights and thought leadership
- Excellent critical thinking abilities and intuition to ask the right/relevant questions to get to the right breadth and depth in a subject matter
- Ability to operate independently and build out new framework, model, programs
- Comfortable to not only present research analysis results but also to express opinions/recommendations
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead in a matrix-managed team culture
- Player/mentor mentality towards coaching a junior analyst (and potentially growing a team) into a results-oriented strategist(s)
- Excellent communication skills in various formats – executive presentation, research memo
At Cisco, each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything – people, process, data, and things – and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education, and more – from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while striving for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
Colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Be you, with us! #WeAreCisco
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.