AppD Manager, Product Marketing - EMEAR
Location:London, England, United Kingdom
Area of InterestMarketing and Communications
About the Role
Have you worked with Application Performance Monitoring (APM) or other monitoring products either as a product marketer or a presales consultant? Do you have a credible understanding of enterprise application architectures and processes (microservices, containers, orchestration, serverless, cloud computing, DevOps)? Are you a natural storyteller and hands-on executor who wants to drive strategic thought leadership, content development, positioning and the product narrative in EMEA? Then a role as a Product Marketer/ Technical Evangelist at AppDynamics is the perfect next challenge!
Reporting into the Global VP Product Marketing but dedicated to working closely with the EMEA Field Marketing team, you’ll play a pivotal role in influencing and educating key audiences and answering why AppDynamics is key to ensuring application and business performance in the digital enterprise.
● A Trusted Expert.
○ Credible and confident in your knowledge of monitoring (specifically APM), plus the target personas, in relation to the digital enterprise.
○ Capable of articulating the value of application and business performance monitoring in relation to enterprise application architectures, technologies and processes including Cloud computing, DevOps, microservices, web, mobile and database technologies.
○ Naturally inquisitive and have a clear point of view in regards to AIOps and how the APM market is evolving.
● An Effective Storyteller and Content Machine!
○ Able to tell stories and share experiences that inspire IT teams to take action - through written articles, blogs, media, whitepapers - and through building and delivering presentations at conferences large and small - internal and external.
○ Able to quickly learn how to give a compelling demo of AppDynamics.
● A Strategic Executor.
○ An expert collaborator, able to influence teams and convey ideas clearly, from a strategic perspective.
○ Strong execution skills, with the energy and will to see a project through from conception to delivery.
● Work closely with the EMEA marketing team to build regional content and create marketing assets (webinars, conference presentations, demos and solution whitepapers) that drive awareness and help accelerate marketing and sales success in EMEA.
● Take ownership of content creation and presenting at/coaching speakers for our hosted and third party event program, including our key conference, AppD Global Tour.
● Contribute to corporate product marketing activities and regionalise content to be used in EMEA.
● Be a customer advocate; work with the Customer Success team to deeply understand key accounts, customer challenges and how AppDynamics provides value - and articulate this back to internal and external audiences.
● Partner with our EMEA public relations team to create differentiating, inspiring content that drives awareness and builds our brand.
● Be a key PR and internal spokesperson for new feature/product or campaign launches in EMEA.
● Keep on top of the competitor landscape, understand and be able to communicate our differentiation and any moves made from a product or marketing perspective.
● Partner with our analyst relations team to ensure industry analysts understand our strengths and our benefits.
● Put together content and present at both executive and practitioner customer briefings.
● BA/BS (preferably in business, computer science, engineering or a related field).
● At least 2+ years experience in a customer facing role that has/had a focus on articulating the benefits of a monitoring solution or ideally, an APM solution.
● Ideally you have either hands on experience with monitoring or have worked for a leading monitoring company in the past. Previous product marketing experience in a B2B software company advantageous.
● Business-fluent in English and culturally sensitive. German language a strong plus.
● Credible knowledge of DevOps, cloud platforms, application architectures and analytics strategies.
● Proven track record of presenting to senior and junior audiences in the enterprise.
● Able to work independently to get stuff done.
● High-integrity person with a high EQ who wants to help further our awesome culture.
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated solution is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformation by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale, which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
AppDynamics is a Cisco Systems company and central to our joint strategy will be our evolution from an APM industry leader to shaping the massive, emerging market of AIOps. With the full support of Cisco, AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to help build and deliver a holistic AIOps-centric platform which combines our market leadership in enterprise Application Performance Monitoring (full-stack coverage with real-time technical and business performance correlation) with unmatched cross-domain visibility, insights, and the ability to initiate the right action.