AppD Information Security Analyst, Security Assurance
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestInformation Technology
Technology InterestCloud and Data Center, Software Development, Testing
What We Need
The AppDynamics Information Security Questionnaire and Enablemenet team is seeking a team player to contribute to a talented team focused on handling customer security engagements. As a member of this team, you will be responsible for responding to customer security questions, facilitating product security improvements, and building customer confidence. This role will primarily support the sales and field personnel with security, regulatory, and compliance needs, with some direct external customer interaction as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in CS, Engineering, MIS, a related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-5 years of experience in information security risk, governance or compliance, preferably in the SaaS space.
- Basic technical knowledge across all security domains to respond to customer architectural and operational queries
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous engagements, outstanding attention to detail
- Demonstrated experience with written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision; ability to adapt to a rapidly evolving business.
- Assessing and resolving current and prospective customers’ security and/or compliance requests.
- Maintaining security collateral, such as questionnaire response documents, for field and customer consumption.
- Interacting with sales, field and internal support personnel to understand product security architecture, implementations, and operations to adequately address customer security questions.
- Maintaining internal security metrics/reports.
- Knowledge of third-party risk assessment process, industry standard questionnaires and vendor management documents, eg. SIG, CAIQ, SOC 2, ISO, CSA
- Penetration testing knowledge
- Familiarity with international security and privacy standards and regulations
- Technical certifications such as CISM, CISSP, etc.
- An understanding of enterprise software implementations, preferably in a unix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all departments within the company, as well as directly with customers
- Must have the ability to work on multiple projects with tight deadlines, especially during end of quarter/year cycles
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills; the ability to manage through challenges and ambiguity
- Possess high integrity and proven trust to manage highly confidential information.
- Experience with writing security collateral and communications
- Exceptional organization and prioritization abilities