AppD Finance Manager, Product and Engineering
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestFinance
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance, and business performance, so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to empower enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
As an AppDynamics Finance Manager, Product and Engineering, you will oversee our worldwide financial planning, forecasting, reporting and analysis across the Product and R&D Organization. You will work in a split operational and strategic capacity. As part of the FP&A team, you will help drive process and business application enhancements. This is a highly visible and challenging role as you will provide financial support to the CTO, CPO, and Product and Engineering leadership team. This is a salaried position that requires full-time employment in San Francisco.
- Support the annual/quarterly investment planning process across Product and Engineering
- Prioritize investments, and measure their expected return
- Advise on organizational structure, and stack ranking of new hires
- Work with corporate FP&A team on monthly/quarterly budget variance analysis, and forecasting
- Partner with Product and Engineering leaders to articulate investments to CEO
- Perform various ROI analysis (including, but not limited to external benchmarking, etc)
- Drive data analysis and reporting, highlighting key insights and recommended actions (levers for improvement)
- Manage team expenditures
- Work with accounting on various close processes, including accruals, invoice management, PO approvals, reconciliation of expenses
- Assist with preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports
With your high level of initiative, you work effectively, independently and collaboratively under broad direction, while balancing multiple competing priorities. You work closely with cross functional partners to ensure scope, and action item follow through.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Economics or Finance
- Minimum of 5+ years direct work experience in FP&A
- Familiar with quarterly, and annual budgeting and planning process
- Experience in a fast-paced, ever-changing and growing environment.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, dynamic environment and interact at all levels of the organization.
Why Cisco AppDynamics
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
Powered by Cisco, AppDynamics is on a mission to help companies see their technology through the lens of the business so they can work as one to prioritize what matters most. We’re reinventing the observability space, leap-frogging our competition, and looking at digital transformation in a completely new way.
AppDynamics is a start-up that grew up. So we believe in trying new things (and risking failure) while at the same time having the stability and funding to think big. We are champions of inclusion for both cultural and business reasons, because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward. Together we are adapting quickly, taking on big challenges, and helping create the world we want to live in.
So, you have colorful hair? We're here for it. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Pop culture geek? No way, us too! Passion for technology and world changing? You're in the right place. Be You, with us!
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. Candidates receiving an offer will receive additional information about the accommodation process at the time of the offer. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.