AppD Engineer - Support Engineering
Location:San Francisco, California, US
Area of InterestBusiness Development
Technology InterestSoftware Development, Testing
Engineer - Support Engineering
End User Monitoring/Analytics/BizIQ
At AppDynamics, our Application Intelligence Platform empowers today’s software-defined businesses with the ability to proactively monitor,
manage, and optimize the most complex software environments. Because we start with user interactions, our platform can dynamically collect millions of performance data points across your applications and infrastructure. We then apply intelligence to instantly identify performance anomalies, enable automatic fixes and continuously measure business impact. And all this happens
in real time, in production, with cloud or on-premise deployment flexibility. So even in the most dynamic production environments, you can know more and know it faster. It’s more than monitoring—it’s true Application Intelligence. For more information, visit www.appdynamics.com.
AppDynamics was acquired by Cisco in 2017 for a record breaking multiple. This acquisition reinforces Cisco's strategic direction and its shift
to software-centric solutions and provides AppDynamics with the resources and support to further accelerate the hyper growth of the business, and the career opportunities for our world-class teams.
About the Role
As an Engineer – Support engineering, you provide world class support to your customers to deliver them the best customer experience. Our Support engineering team works closely with R&D teams providing suggestions for improvements in our Product.
What we expect
- Enthusiastic and Self-motivated individual to work on support of Browser and Mobile Monitoring software, and Big data platforms like Elasticsearch
- Reproduce complex customer environments to replicate customer issues in-house
- Work with the engineering and Product Management teams to push customer issue resolution
- Build in-house reference lab environments using various technologies (Java, Python, iOS, Android, etc)
- Conduct knowledge sharing sessions within and outside the teams
- Keep abreast of new tools, technologies, programming languages, and frameworks
- Comfortable working with Linux and Windows environments for troubleshooting
Desired Skills & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- 2-3 years of experience of troubleshooting and Customer facing Experience is an added advantage
- Prior experience of working with Unix and Windows systems.
- Prior knowledge/experience of Java, .NET, Python based applications and bash and windows scripting desirable
- Prior knowledge/experience of working with Big data frameworks like Elasticsearch, Hadoop, etc is an added advantage
We know that the award-winning culture at AppDynamics is something to brag about, but here are more reasons that make you excited to get out of bed to come in the morning, like:
- Medical, dental, vision coverage.
- 401k match (4.5%)
- Wellness perks (gym, hobbies, education, store discounts, personal finance).
- 4 weeks paid time off (PTO), 5 days’ volunteer time off (VTO), 14 holidays (including 1 birthday PTO and 1 floating holiday).
- Mandatory company shut down between Christmas and New Year’s.
- Weekly catered breakfast and lunch, and all the snacks, fruits and drinks
- Brand new state of the art office in downtown San Francisco, centrally located near BART, Caltrain, Muni, the ferry, and a bike share station
- Free shuttle service and pre-tax commuter benefits