AppD DevOps Engineer
Area of InterestEngineer - Software
Technology InterestBig Data, Analytics
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale.
Who You Are
First and foremost, you have strong troubleshooting and problem resolution skills. You work well under pressure and have strong written and verbal communications skills. You pride yourself in being a self-starter who leads by example and has experience working in a rapidly changing environment. You also have:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in CSE, EE, CSM, or related technical discipline; MS degree desired
- Minimum of a combined 3+ years of Site Reliability, DevOps, and/or Software Development experience, ideally in a growth-stage environment
- Experience operating within, and supporting, complex SaaS production or revenue-critical 24/7 web services environments
- Must have experience developing and operationalizing system installations and upgrades
- Strong Experience with Unix/Linux system administration especially in RedHat Linux (CentOS)
- Experience running and administering services in AWS or other cloud platforms (Azure, GCP)
- Significant experience with one or more scripting/coding languages, ideally with Terraform or Python
- Experience with big data platform engineering
- Experience with scaling and operationalizing distributed data stores, file systems, and services (Kafka, Elasticsearch, etc); familiarity with Lamdba architecture a big plus
- Experience with virtualization and containerization platforms (Docker), container orchestration tools (Kubernetes) and aspects of Kubernetes to facilitate ease of delivery (Istio/Helm/Kube2Iam)
- Availability for occasional on-call after-hours support
- Experience programming in Java or a similar language.
- Experience with storage optimizations and management.
What You'll Do
Imagine a situation where you have hundreds of engineers build and pushing microservices into a highly available SaaS platform built on a cutting edge technology stack.
Imagine keeping that platform running and scaling it infinitely across multiple geolocations, cloud providers
Imagine leading a team of stellar DevOps engineers who are highly motivated to not just keep this platform running, but are constantly experimenting on how to make it better, what new technologies to adopt and how to continue to evolve the platform and roll out the infrastructural modernization without customers not even noticing a glitch
Imagine a world which is ready to shift left and is on the brink of a major cultural shift to a true DevOps model
That world is waiting for YOU. Do you want to be that person? If yes, lets chat
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Helping to build and infrastructure to facilitate rapid service deployments
- Documenting findings and recommendations for improvement
- Maintaining and enhancing deployment tools and methodologies;
- Creating repeatable, efficient, and scalable artifact deployment pipelines
- Making recommendations to, and interfacing with engineering to ensure 100% application uptime
- Monitor the SaaS environment and work with QA, Developers, Ops to identify and solve problems
- Ensure that failover mechanisms are in place and are working correctly
- Responding to and resolving technical emergencies
We connect everything: people, processes, data, and things. We innovate everywhere, taking bold risks to bring the technologies that give us smart cities, connected cars, and handheld hospitals. And we do it in style with unique personalities who aren’t afraid to change the way the world works, lives, plays and learns.
We are leaders with vision, tech enthusiasts, pop culture connoisseurs, and we even have a few purple haired rock stars. We celebrate the creativity and diversity that fuels our innovation. We are dreamers and we are doers.
Recently we have won the #1 employer in the World award. #WeAreCisco