AppD Business Value Consultant
Location:Chicago, Illinois, US
Area of InterestSales - Services, Solutions, Customer Success
Technology InterestAI or Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, Analytics, Cloud and Data Center
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our unique AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver flawless customer experiences at scale
About the Role
AppDynamics is seeking a Business Value Consultant (BVC). The role is a critical client-facing role. Our BVCs work closely with the go-to-market organization (sales engineering and field sales, in particular) to help consult clients in defining potential business value improvements that our solutions can help achieve. Responsibilities of a BVC include:
- Engaging onsite with clients to perform operational assessments of development, QA, and production operations processes and tools.
- Document gap analysis of clients’ current versus desired state, identifying specific opportunities for improvement using AppDynamics’ capabilities.
- Using in-depth business, technical, and financial analyses to understand the baseline and future capabilities of the client; as part of this analysis, align client strategic business and technical objectives with the required capabilities which AppDynamics provide.
- Build expert-level understanding and credibility around the IT Ops and Application Performance Management (APM) spaces, and apply this knowledge to differentiate our platform relative to competing solutions.
- Produce and present in-depth analysis and consult clients on the impact to business value that can be achieved.
- In collaboration with regional sales leadership, and other necessary GTM resources, operationalize a comprehensive and scalable customer engagement process.
- Play an active role in AppDynamics evolution of business value consulting team and methodology. We expect team members, whether individual contributors or leadership, to take a hands-on role in the continuous improvement of this best-in-class BVC practice; specifically help lead and build Value Selling and Realization processes, templates, and tools.
- Travel required up to 40%
- This role is based out of our Chicago offices and relocation assistance is not available
- Economics, Finance or related degree or equivalent experience
- Full understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and industry experience in enterprise software a must; domain experience in IT Operations Management, DevOps, and/or application infrastructure (PaaS, Middleware, Big Data platforms, for example) strongly preferred.
- Understand highly complex IT environments and corresponding use cases; the ability to build out nuanced return on investment assessments, sales collateral, etc.
- Consultative personality to effectively facilitate interview sessions with a wide-ranging set of partners; proven ability to communicate highly complex enterprise technology in simple terms and tailor a message to a variety of audiences (highly technical, business-side, executives).
- Enterprise Business and financial modeling experience
- Experience and effectiveness in presenting to an executive level audience
- A mindset of continuous improvement; team-first approach and low ego
Just a note
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: AppDynamics does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward them to our website or to any AppDynamics employee. AppDynamics will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of AppDynamics.
AppDynamics is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or any other unlawful factor. AppDynamics follows all applicable laws, including those regarding consideration of qualified applicants with criminal histories (such as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance). If your disability makes it difficult for you to use this site, please contact email@example.com. AppDynamics participates in E-Verify.