AppD Business Value Consultant - New Hampshire
Location:Offsite, New Hampshire, US
Area of InterestSales - Product
APPD Business Value Consultant
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that uses machine learning and artificial intelligence (AI) to provide real-time visibility and insight into IT environments. With our outstanding AIOps solution, you can take the right action at exactly the right time with automated anomaly detection, rapid root-cause analysis, and a unified view of your entire application ecosystem, including private and public clouds. Using AppDynamics, you’ll finally align IT, DevOps, and the business around the information that helps you protect your bottom line and deliver detailed customer experiences at scale
About the Role
AppDynamics is seeking a Business Value Consultant (BVC). The role of Business Value Consultant is a critical client-facing role. Our BVCs work closely with the go-to-market organization (sales engineering and field sales, in particular) to help consult clients in defining potential business value improvements that our solutions can help achieve. Responsibilities of a BVC include:
- Engaging onsite with clients to perform operational assessments of development, QA, and production operations processes and tools.
- Document gap analysis of clients’ current versus desired state, identifying specific opportunities for improvement demonstrating AppDynamics’ capabilities.
- Using in-depth business, technical, and financial analyses to understand the baseline and future capabilities of the client; as part of this analysis, align client strategic business and technical objectives with the required capabilities which AppDynamics provides.
- Build expert-level understanding and credibility around the IT Ops and Application Performance Management (APM) spaces, and apply this knowledge to differentiate our platform relative to competing solutions.
- Produce and present in-depth analysis and consult clients on the impact to business value that can be achieved.
- In collaboration with regional sales leadership, and other necessary GTM resources, operationalize a comprehensive and scalable customer engagement process.
- Play an active role in the evolution of AppDynamics’ business value consulting team and methodology. We expect team members, whether individual contributors or leadership, to take a hands-on role in the continuous improvement of this best-in-class BVC practice; specifically help lead and build Value Selling and Realization processes, templates, and tools.
- Travel required up to 50%
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) and industry experience in enterprise software a must; domain experience in IT Operations Management, DevOps, and/or application infrastructure (PaaS, Middleware, Big Data platforms, for example) strongly preferred.
- Confirmed ability to understand highly complex IT environments and corresponding use cases; the ability to build out nuanced ROI assessments, sales collateral, etc.
- Consultative personality to effectively facilitate interview sessions with a wide-ranging set of stakeholders; shown ability to communicate highly complex enterprise technology in simple terms and tailor a message to a variety of audiences (highly technical, business-side, executives).
- Enterprise Business and financial modeling experience
- Economics, Finance or related degree or experience
- Experience and effectiveness in presenting to an executive level audience
- A mindset of continuous improvement; team-first approach and low ego
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference. Here’s how we do it.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (30 years strong!) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. An AI/Machine Learning company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, we give our egos a break and we give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, we take bold steps, and we take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a commitment to equality for all, there is no moving forward.